View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Also.... I have been out fishing all the live shrimp soakers....on topwater.....lmao

Dude pulled up to us cleaning trout..said damn live shrimp?? I said what is that? Said look at the rods.....

X2. I limited this morning by 9:00 and almost all of my fish were caught on topwater, just a handful on jigs. IMO, the "talent" aspect of an artificial lure fisherman has more to do with locating the fish and being able to present a piece of plastic in front of them and convincing them to eat it. If you just go out and throw live bait somewhere you are bound to eventually catch something. Yes it does take more "skill" to work an artificial lure and present it properly as opposed to chunking out a live shrimp on a popping cork and staring at it until it goes under. I probably caught twice as many fish as my buddy that fished with me today, and we both used the same topwater bait, the same rod, same reel, and same line. I think I just jiggled it a little better than him So maybe "talent" isn't the best word for this occasion, "skill" might be a better one. IMO it is more satisfying and more thrilling to catch fish on artificial anyway, and I don't bother with live bait at all.