View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Spent time debating a liberal (once fb) friend day. Constant whining about how much people make. I eventually got really angry. I like the money I make because it alows me to sleep with my wife every night. I could make more if I wanted to change that. I don't. I love my life. I got pissed when said person started to tell me oilfield workers are making money to destroy the environment. I got mad. Without destroying something I didn't want to destroy I just walked away. Although said person will never read this here we go.
MFr I have friends that live half their life on a metal island in the gulf away from their family so you can put gas in your car.
I have friends that work on turbines away from their family so you get you electricity.
I have friends that work away from their family welding on pipelines so you can turn your stove on.
Leave my F'Ing friends alone or learn to drill for oil yourself.
I don't understand why any of these jobs should be praised or thought of more than others??? So what if they live half their life on a metal island...they chose that. They aren't doing anything courageous like serving our country in the armed forces, which is also a personal choice but obviously different than beating ur chest that you work in the oilfield.