Thread: started up
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Hi all,

Sorry for the intrusion, but I saw Jack3d mentioned here. I run this Jack3d site and want to clear up a lot of misconceptions in this thread.

1. Jack3d is NOT a prohormone. This will not mess with your hormone levels except for the fact that heavy lifting increases testosterone -- but that's up to you.

Jack3d is simply a pre-workout "nitric oxide" stimulant product. It does four things: a. Increase energy (from the stimulants) b. Give explosive 'pumps' (from the AAKG). c. Increase endurance (thanks to the beta alanine), and d. Increase Focus (again, the stimulants)

More details at this Jack3d Ingredients page

2. Protein powder consumption does NOT affect the kidneys. This is an old wives tail, and has been proven incorrect in the labs. See this Protein studies page for more info on that.

Now, if you're trying to gain lean muscle mass, a preworkout supplement like Jack3d won't do a whole lot (the creatine definitely helps)... it's up to your diet. The preworkout just gives awesome motivation.

So go for 1g of protein per pound of body weight if you want to gain muscle, eat enough meat, fish, eggs, nuts, fruits, and colorful veggies, and cut out the processed carbs and unnatural fats (sorry boys, but corn oil, canola oil, and vegetable oil are NOT good for ya).

Hope that clears things up a bit. Thanks!

Edit: As a note, I am not a USPLabs employee or rep. Just an outside affiliate.