View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

I own property in Mississippi which I inherited from my relatives.
Personally the only thing I do is pay property taxes, pay insurance, check on it every once in blue moon, and collect logging or mineral checks.
My family and I for a few years kind of didn't want to say much about people hunting the land due to family employed a lot of people in this area.
Hated this time of year due to my phone would blow up with local yokel billy bob getting mad because Local yokel Leroy was hunting on his so called spot on my land.
No one had a lease or agreement with me, but due to my relatives employed a lot of people in this area I tried to play nice letting people hunt the land.
Just got out of hand and I got sued over someone falling out of a tree stand.
Now the local law enforcement knows if people don't have a letter which my attorney has put together with my signature, contact info, their signature, contact info, time line to be on land they are trespassing.

Been approached by a lot of people wanting to lease it or sub lease it for hunting, but they want to act like the land is theirs which for the money it is not worth the headache, liability, and don't like people telling me what they want to do on my land.