View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray View Post
What happened with the lawsuit? I always hear "I could get sued" excuse from landowners but never actually heard of it happening. I thought there had to be some kind of proof of negligence for them to get any money.
All depends on if they get a jury trial. Old george shows up on crutch's and wearing a neck brace and says he can't feed his wife and family because he fell out of your tree. They will more often than not give him $$$.
When i ask someone if i can hunt or fish on their property,the first thing i do is offer to sign a hold harmless agreement, second is to offer half of what i might catch / kill.
Had one land corporation that has a prime piece of land close to my house. went and asked if i could hunt? Land agt. told me if i bought hunting club insurance i could , would have been worth it EXCEPT>
I told him i would buy the insurance for 3 years but if i did that it made me liable for any accidents on the property. I told him that for me to cover his land w/ my insurance i needed a letter on Company letterhead signed by him and any other Co officers stating that i and i alone had access, Anyone else found on the property would be trespassing. Talk about someone crawfishing. found out latter that all kind of folks had verbal permission to hunt there.