View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgsquatch View Post
Here is what I would have done, granted I don't pretend to know your laws there.

1. I would have rolled up and talked to the R.P. I can learn a lot from a short conversation.

2. I would have run the truck to see what kind of person I was dealing with. We rarely get killed by guys who coach little league and pay taxes.

3. I would have looked IN the truck. A camo sweatshirt, some gun cases and a lunch box indicates hunters. Maybe ducks or feathers in the back aint a bad indicator either.

4. I would interview the guys coming out of the woods, get their information and phone numbers for the landowner and send them on their way. I would do this as politely and quickly as possible. If my investigation indicates that trespassing charges are in order I can write a declaration in support of a warrant or I can issue a citation via mail. If they turn out to be rabid terrorists, that is what the SERT team is for. If it turns out the neighbor knew he was mis-reporting same proceedure, different ticket.

In any case I think I would not have needed to draw down on anyone. If I did, I would get the pleasure of filing a use of force report detailing what about the subjects demeanor, mental status, potential for escalation, physical advantage, and seriousness of crime prompted me to draw. No good articulation of need to draw, no more job, no warnings.

I don't know about there, but here I can run virtually any case past a DA to see if I have something BEFORE filing charges. In exigent circumstances where someones safety may be at stake arrests are always made.

You know why we hate murderers? Because they end a potential. You know why we hate wife beaters and bullies? Because they end a sense of safety and security in our persons. You know why we hate rapists and molesters? Because they steal innocence. You know what happens when you arrest or accuse someone who did not do it? You take their security, their potential and their innocence. My job is not to catch criminals, it is to dscover the truth....period. With just a tiny bit of humility and some work I can do both without destroying lives and violating rights.