View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

The same thing can be said for using Urea [Nitrogenous compound] to ferterlize plants or grass.

Years ago, I got a 50 bag cheap from a guy that got it from where he worked. This stuff is mostly nitrogen. The guy told me to just mix a little in with some 8-8-8 and spread it out good in the yard. I did as he said, and put it out on the lawn that spring. After a couple of weeks I could see the grass really greening up.

Then the grass cutting begain. The first couple of weeks, not so bad. Then it got to where 3 days after cutting the grass, you could not even tell it had been cut. After 5 days growth, the grass needed cutting. If I waited until the weekend (7 days) I had to also rake the yard because there was that much cut grass.

The grass grew like that for 3+ months that summer. I don't remember what I did with the rest of that 50 lb bag, but it probable was not put in the yard.

I tried some rabbit poop [got it from a neighbor] this past spring after the garden plants were growing. I did not really notice any gowth difference.