View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Flounder

Cash: 674
Cheers Late post for Lake

sorry for late post but got busy and at work now!
Started last monday about noon,fished a few spots on east.Threw top water with one hit & one miss (0 fish).Started drifting mid south on lake throwing chicken on a chain and caught a couple about 16''.Water was dirty in one spot and decently clear about 200 yard down.Went to natural shrimp (gulp) and by golly here come the birds and shrimp flying out water about 2:00 pm.Broke off 4 trout (old bass habits keep haunting me).Well i remembered what ''W'' said and backed off drag.Ended the day with 23 trout,had a 5 lb and a few 3 lb and the rest were 16'' to 18''.The wife had a monster at boat and i with no net was trying to grab that sucker,what a site.Well he broke off and made the 5 look smaller ( figured it would have been about 7 lb!! Man she is still pissed at me.Well next week will do the middle of lake more toward east side if winds permit me.
Had 2 seperate boats fish birds with us and i say they had respect and kept there distance from fish as we did.Its nice fishing around guys like that and we really enjoyed the day unlike so many others when you got guys running 25 yards from you doing 50 m.p.h.
Remember its to easy to be respectfull and gain friends in the water then be RUDE and gain enemies.
GOOD LIKE GUYS