View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
W, you have a very good point here. I find it totally asinine to destroy an artificial reef, EI 71 for example, that has produced in excess of a 100,000 trout. How long would it take to make a reef that can produce those kind of numbers. The State and Feds need to get their ****e together and come up with a viable plan to keep these obsolete rigs from being pulled and brought to Alabama and Florida. Guys, we have to make some noise...
I'm stunned that they removing so many of our long time trout producing rigs with no one screaming.
Agree with this ^^^. There is money that was alotted just for this I think it was called 'From rigs to reefs", well ol politics as usual came in and took some of this money and stuck in the general fund. There is a stink being raised already about this, but it will probably be swept under the rug, just like everything else. Remember when the money generated from the Louisiana Lottery was supposed to go towards education and teachers salaries?

This issue would probably be something CCA may need to get involved in and may already be, not sure