Thread: Wiers Opening?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Nick was saying the marsh doesn't freeze. I just simply wanted to prove him wrong. Why would he get involved in a thread on our (those who do fish Calcasieu lake) weirs when he is completely wrong on the marsh "freezing". He ( Nick ) didn't point out like others the September issue. He stated as a whole the marsh won't freeze.

Carry on Butter

No need to state the September issue, it was obvious the time frame we were speaking on.
We are talking about the impact of a marsh freezing and devastating shrimp population/migrations(Fall/Mid Sept-Mid Dec).

Yes, the marsh can freeze, but the likelihood of it freezing is very minimal.....and then freeze early enough to impact the shrimp migration or population is minimal to zero. I have to believe that your very rare one time picture of a frozen N wind blown marsh was taken long after the shrimp migration.

Secondly, at what point can I start to call the lake mine too? Must I own a certain boat? Maybe a Haynie, a Kenner, or a 20' Tunnel Hull with a tiller? A certain motor? Maybe throw a Tohatsu or Nissan on my tunnel hull? Just trying to do it right man, let me know!

Go fish Matagorda if you like Texas so much, must have been a rough weekend for you....sorry, not sorry.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]