View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
The elitest here is you, "trolling" a thread about a tournament series you don't know anything about. It was perfect timing.

Watch your mouth accusing me of smoking pot, you arrogant, over educated, self righteous troll. Defending a common sense right does not make me a user of what I'm defending, just like calling you out here about trolling doesn't mean I am against the fishing method.

I didn't look down on you for trolling, I actually trolled the other day. But, I did look down on the fact that you spoke of how much you look down on a tournament by poking out your chest and saying your "challenge is with the fish". Then, within a few minutes post a request for advice on the laziest fishing method known to man, with the exception of sleeping in a hammock with bells on a rod tip.
When I wrote:

My contest is with the fish, not with the other fishermen.

I was just pointing out my personal view and motive for fishing, not taking a dig at anyone else's. Folks can have all the contests they want about catching the most and the biggest. Such things just don't catch my personal interest. I don't look down on contests among fishermen any more than I look down on peanut butter sandwiches.

There are a lot more lazy techniques than trolling: explosives, electrofishing, rotenone, gill nets, trawling, etc. etc. Each has its place and purpose, and where legal I offer no criticism.

Liberty is about the freedom to make things harder for yourself if you want it to be harder. But being disrespectful of fishing techniques because they are perceived as too easy is just a way to divide the sporting community. Only PETA wins.