View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Redfish

Cash: 901
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat-Red View Post
I'm not getting caught up in the guns/no guns debate. Just want to say - I'm not a huge fan of the police but it seems like Lafayette police are doing a good job on this one and covering all of the bases. I heard that first responders and civilians were running towards the gunshots to help. These people are HEROES! Also, I heard many times on the news the words "prayer" & "God". Hearing this makes me proud to be from Louisiana. My prayers go out to victims and families.
I agree, this is a senseless act of violence. I thought that the authorities handled the situation and the explanations as to why it was important to withhold information and handle this in a timely manner exceptionally well. It seems that everyone involved did a great job and continues to work hard providing us information. I especially liked the Governor's comments commending the actions of all people involved and his call for prayer for the families and for our state and country.

It is well known among my friends that I am a fan of Phil Robertson the "Duck Commander". I agree with his comments on today's society. One comment that I like to repeat is his belief that we all need to forget about "Political Correctness" and get back to "Biblical Correctness". I am boldly saying that if this statement offends you, you may want to put your big boy pants on, go talk to a WWII veteran if you can find one and maybe take a hard look at what's going on around you.

Please pray for all involved and give them support without an agenda. Go to church, teach your children about God and protect yourself and your loved ones.

Duckaholic