View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlab12 View Post
Mem, could you point a feller in the direction of catching a few pogies? Calc Point area?
I had been catching my pogies straight across from cal point. on that north bank is a channel marker and just behind that is a pipe where water is pumped or drained from otherside. pogies were so thick in there one cast with the net was more than u need. idk if it was 4th july holiday or if I was just too early as I got there before daylight on the 5th of july and they were not there. but I didn't try long cause when I called spicers they had plenty live shrimp so I went that route instead. there is a popular wade fishing spot down by pogy plants that has a small cut that drains water from marsh on otherside of hwy. I caught all the pogies I wanted there later that day. all up and down the banks of the ship channel should have pogies . today was loaded with finger mullet everywhere. idk if it was full moon or wat but just could not get them today. caught 3 trout and a flounder down there off bank by ferry. be back in boat sunday. good luck