Thread: Duckett rods
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass2mouth View Post
True. There's a guy on here that lives in Moss Bluff that fixed a few of my eyes on some rods earlier this year. I think he charged me $6 per rod. I have some more I need replaced now. Waaaaay quicker than sending them to the company. As far as yours snapping idk. Ducketts are quality rods for the price though generally. I use almost exclusively abu rods, but my next flipping rod will be a Duckett. Crazy how light they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What abus are you using? I've used the veritas(sp) and I broke every one of them. I had bought one and loved it so I bought another 3-4. I think I only have one left. The rod breaks easy and the eyes are super brittle I found.

I like the ducketts, especially for flipping. I have one for texas rig and one for jig. The one that sucks is the 7' medium, I bought that one for trout fishing and fishing traps/jerkbaits/flukes and lighter baits, so far the durability of that rod SUCKS. The other two I have beat up pretty good, hit them on TM on accident a few times and hit branches and they are still fine, not to mention I fish 20lb test with my jig and have stuck plenty solid bass and stupid choupiques, so those rods perform as they should