Thread: What Gives
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I enjoy limiting out early, especially days I hunt before work. But all the work I put in is worth much more than 15 to 20 minutes of my time. Yesterday we had limits before 7am. Today was a very slow start...cloud cover vs clear blue skies really changes things and that's where experience comes in and you have to adapt. At 7am today we had 1 bird...I decided to take a few minutes to make adjustments. Changed up the decoys and switched up my calling and we had our 12 teal by 8 am. To me it's more about the challenge of the hunt. My wife hunted with me today, had probably 20 birds+ land in the decoys. That is success to me. I enjoy the concept of "hunting ". I feel way better about shooting a bird that lands after being tricked vs a bird that buzzes the blind. To me it's more about the hunt, not so much about the kill...although I like to finish a limit, and the same goes for fishing. If I can catch 5 solids on top vs a limit of small trout my day is made. Heading out again in the morning...it's gonna be about time spent in t h e blind tomorrow.