Thread: tablets
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

I use this for school and watching movies.

The keyboard is detachable and I only use it when I need to work with excel or word. The rest of the time I detach the keyboard and keep the tablet in a flip case. I download all of the lecture pdfs/power points for class and use the stylus to make notes directly on the screen. Battery life is very good. I can go a couple of days without a charge.

It's not super fast though and memory is limited, both RAM and Hard Drive space. You can use a SDmicro card to add storage space though. Also has a USB slot which is very nice for transferring files if you don't have access to wifi at the time.

The super duper tablet is the Microsoft Surface 3 --

You pay a premium for that though. I'm considering it though. While my tablet works fine most of the time, it really struggled with using SmartArt in MS Word to make a flowchart last week.

I will say that I have an Android phone and I like it alot. I bought a couple of Android tablets for Christmas this year and the floor models at the store were very nice. If you want to work in MS Office though I don't think Android or Apple iOS are quite up to speed yet.

So...if you want to use excel/word, etc for serious use (not just read files), then I'd go with a Windows tablet. Otherwise I would go with Android or iPad. The Windows app selection can't compete with Android/Apple.

If I did not need MS Office for school, I would have an Android.