View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Maybe that's what it is going to take to get the feds to give management control over to the state.

Hell, I don't know, and I can't say that I care. I have no means of going after the fish anyway.

I also disagree with your assessment of lotteries. I don't see any difference, and I have no problem with them. They are intended to limit opportunity to harvest a particular resource. Instead of closing that resource off completely, it offers limited opportunities. I for one see no reason West Bay WMA should have a turkey lottery given the number of birds killed there, but there is a lottery, so it is what it is.

I will say 25k lbs seems like a lot of fish, and to only go to 150 anglers (or whatever the number is) seems like a lot to a few, but I don't know what the population is, or what percentage of it that 25k is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The turkey lottery is different in the fact that anyone in the state can buy a turkey license and kill one, just maybe not in a certain WMA. This snapper lottery will allow only a few, not anyone who can buy a license. Not seeing the relation here.