View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckaholic View Post
It's simple, don't hurt yourself thinking and commenting about this here. Just make your opinions known to the commission via the meeting or comments to Larry. Public opinion eventually trumps politics. If you make yourself heard enough, something will happen. If you think your area should benefit from later duck seasons than say so. If you think otherwise, then have a voice.

You can't complain if you don't act.....

This was not intended to be a discussion about politics or the credentials of the commission, my intention was just to send this reminder so that people would know that they were meeting about this issue...plain and simple...

I think that the proposal is a move to make everyone happy although that is nearly impossible. The boundary may need to be adjusted a bit but it's a move in the right direction.... Just my two cents and I sent my thoughts in to the commission.
I agree, except that the hunting public did make its thoughts known, through the surveys, and the commission went against that and went with a minority of voices. No reason to think they wouldn't do the same with this.

One thing they did make clear is you are better off showing up at the Commission Meeting and commenting than doing it through a survey.

It is important for the public to know about these things, and I had forgotten about it, so I appreciate you posting this. I'm the type that is going to hunt ducks whenever the season is open, so it doesn't really matter to me, but for some it does. I will be curious to see if they tell us how many people commented and how many people attend the meeting. Hopefully more people show up and comment than send in their comments. I think that puts a little more pressure on them.