View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Just want to share long read, but i think a great one

This is something about one of the greatest men i ever knew my grandpaw. He was like a second dad to me and he is one of the men that i can thank for everything i know about the outdoors and believe me when i say he lived off the land as much as he could. He hunted, fished, shrimped pretty much anything in the outdoors, but one of his favorite hobbies was gardening. Up to the day the good lord took him that's what he loved to do the most. Not only did he love doing things outside, but his cajun heritage was one of the most important things he passed down to his family. Now the the meaning of this story. I can remember when i was a little kid going to his house and him out there in his garden, and he had an old 8 track player with his cajun/french 8 tracks playing. And when i say cajun/french music i mean a guy and an accordion and that's it. He had a great collection of them. Well the other day i was helping my sister get some furniture out of storage and i came across his 8 track player and his case of old cajun/french 8 tracks. Took it home and low and behold this thing works. Listened to them all day yesterday and i can still picture him in his garden. Gonna try to find someone who could possibly clean it up so i can pass this stuff down to my son, cause just like my grandpaw taught me to love my cajun background i will show him the same way.

Thanks, dgg