View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

From what they told me, they are much like many other churches. They have needs for families year-round. What Ms. Cybil told me is that they pretty much had all of their Christmas families tended to for the year but have an on-going food bank and services similar to that. From what she said, it sounds like unless we specifically asked for it to wait for the year, the funds would be distributed to families in need, beit diapers, food, clothing, etc.

I really have no bias in this matter. Whatever the folks here want to do is great by me. I will GLADLY take a check there tomorrow on behalf of the fine members of SaltyCajun! In regards to a Christmas family, I feel we waited too long this year for it to develop into what I feel could truly benefit any one family or perhaps more. That is at no one individual's fault. I'd love to be involved more in it next year, schedule permitting.

Shad, I'll leave it up to you and the other contributors for this cause as to what happens with the funds that have been raised. No matter what is done with it, I applaud everyone who contributed!

Shad, I'll PM you my number and you can let me know what you want to do.

I was reminded of a saying the other day; Give and you shall recieve. Thanks to everyone who contributed and to a great site owner Shadman and an equally great sponsor, BillyStix!

Thanks to All and Merry Christmas,
Corey Fisher