Thread: How would you ;
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
Does anyone know they just cut the head off? That sounds like so non hunter explination . Surely they caped/ skinned the entire lion for a full body mount. Maybe they left the meat ? I would bet the trackers kept that meat . I watched my trackers fight over 2 day old organs / guts that sat in a bucket in the sun for 2 days prior so I highly doubt they just let it lay there. With that being said I'm leaning more and more to the animal was poached not hunted legally . Just not sure if hunter knew that going into it . You have to be a pretty big dumb arse to put up 55k for an illegal hunt when there are TONS of legal lion hunts available . Right now is one of the cheapest times to hunt a lion on private land because everyone is scared it will be banned . When I was there I could have shot one for 40k now the same hunt is 20k , my ph calls me 2 times a month trying to get me to come hunt a lion . African hunting is changing , between all the antis and all the game ranches I don't know what the future holds for hunting in Africa
Saw a report that it was skinned and the head removed but who knows if it's true. I think the guy thought it was a legit hunt. Either way his life is messed up for a while no matter if he was in the right or not.