View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricChicken View Post
W, I am afraid that longcast is right. When you get a reputation for being a good angler and people know your boat - you will get followed. Was like that when I guided on Toledo Bend years ago. I know its frustrating and I don't blame you in whatever way you would decide to deal with this. I want you, SaltyShaw, Inchspinner, RigRatNoMeaux and all the other guys that have shared info with me to know that I appreciate it very much. I have put more fish in the boat because of what I have learned on this site and I know from experience what it takes to know what you know about catching trout.
Now I want to make a comment directed at all of you, who like me, are not as knowledgable about trout fishing as some of the guys like "W" on this site. "W" and other fishermen on this site who know there stuff have shared with me and with you a lot of useful information that took years for them to learn. If you want them to stop posting reports and sharing information that helps you out when you go fishing then KEEP POTLICKING THEM ON THE WATER!!!! Its like shooting yourself in the foot right before you run a race. You can not expect people who spent years and many thousands of dollars to keep handing over information - that helps you go out so you do not have to learn the hard way - to keep helping, if it becomes a pain in the butt for them to do so. Take the good info and go apply it out on the water on your own spot and you will really learn and then one day you will be the one helping someone else who is just learning. Kinda like paying it forward. Just my two cents but like it or not its true. EC
That was very well said.