Thread: Tohatsu 40TLDI
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunyoung View Post
"40/50 Tohatsu 4 stroke, 18 pitch Turbo Hot Shot prop, 50.4 mph.".....is this speed on a stock motor??? My 25 Yamaha is on a 1550 marshrunner and runs about 32+/- with me and my gear in it. Course it hasn't been in the water since Rita due to other issues, currently reworking my boat and trying to get it back to fishing. Debating about keeping my 25 to run the burns or going up to a 40 since that is what the boat is rated for. Loved the way it ran before, just seemed to need a liitle more oooommph for the glass boat.
This is exactly like you pick the motor up from Lake Area Marine. An 18 pitch would not be my choice for the marsh, but we were trying to prove a point, and we did. I have run this engine since last fall, love it. It is the strongest running "40" badged new motor on the market. The motor is a 40 until a restrictor is pulled, it then becomes a 50. Sweet motors. We actually ran a bit faster than that with a 25 pitch cleaver. The motor had no trouble getting the boat on plane, spun the 25 just fine. They are strong engines.
I tested that unit last fall, it performed flawlessly, 25# water pressure, idiot proof, the ecu shuts the engine down when overheated.
D