Thread: Tohatsu 40TLDI
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bubba View Post
For some reason I can't see your video's on you tube... Are you running an empty boat or 2 people with ice chest and all gear to fish for a day ????? From what your post say the bass masters ought to be running tahatsu's ...There is a big difference between running an empty hull for a race and a hull for a fishing situation....How many rpms are you turning compared to what the manufacturer says should be turning????
The manufacturer sets the rev limiter at 6150. I don't recall mentioning Bass Masters???? There are very few people that run CLEAVERS for joyrides. They are pretty much built for speed, ONLY! We have tested a few different hulls, very few will run mid 40's empty. These are fishing hulls built for performance. I'll let you know how it runs after mine is set up. I run 2 large deep cycle batteries, 82# thrust motorguide, 120 qt. cooler, fishing junk enough for a week. I'll get i5t rigged, run, and let you know how it runs loaded.
We were testing the boat more than the motor. We are running an empty 100 gauge, 405 pound boat with a full size battery, 6 gallon fuel tank, 200 pound driver. I appreciate your insight on the differences between a race boat and a fishing boat. BUT, I fully understand the difference in a race setup and a fishing rig, I raced professionally for almost 10 years, didn't use a trolling motor very much on that boat There are still very few aluminum fishing hulls that will run over 50mph empty.
You see, this is a fishing boat:

And this is a race boat:

Please don't take my ramblings seriously, they were not meant seriously.

Last edited by CajunChristian; 02-17-2015 at 07:52 PM.