View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 403

I have owned both. I had a Ranger that had a piston and cylinder come apart. Mechanic never could find a reason but it was about $2500 to get another piston and cylinder. Polaris coats the inside of the cylinder with something where you have to send it off or pay a lot to get one. I now have a Pioneer 700-4. I talked to 4 atv mechanics about which side by side to buy and they all told me Pioneer. Only have 1 cylinder to deal with and if they do need repair they are a lot cheaper to fix according to them. One of them told me the Ranger was a piece of junk with a brand name. I have more ground clearance than my Ranger have and no belt to worry about. My pioneer is all shaft driven. I happen to be one that likes having the back 2 seats fold into the bed. Most of the time I don't need them and have the full bed. Other times I use only one or both. The Ranger crew is right at 3 feet longer than my Pioneer. I would never be able to turn that thing around on my deer lease. I have the roof and windshield on mine which I consider must haves. Still cost me less than a Ranger without those. Just my 2 cents but I've never had a Honda crap out on me.