View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

ive heard the reds have been up here all year. this was only my 3rd trip to Lake chuck this year. first trip was a few months ago, maybe longer, I got my limit of trout in just a couple hours on a 25 mph windy day and only one out there then I went back the next week and only caught small under size reds and trout. today was great but I would rather trout than reds. they are in there. it was calm enough u could see the shrimp runnin for the life and they are so little bitty shrimp. hopefully the Calcasieu doesn't flood cause it will only get better as more shrimp get in there this fall. the rain here doesn't effect it much its the rain up north that hurts it. beautiful water up here too. look fwd to next trip as I only fished one of my spots today and I think the others are holding fish too. I just looked to see when exactly that was the last time I was in Lake Charles and it was almost a year ago not a few months. way back in November of last year. time flies for sure. but they stayed up here last year til big rain came and flooded river. hopefully rains hold off til January or febuary this year.

Last edited by MEM1971; 08-09-2018 at 12:03 AM.