Thread: Just because
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Just because

A year ago last May I decided to quit smoking because I needed prostrate cancer surgury and my blood was thin. Being a moderate to heavy, daily, beer drinker for over 50 years this was to be a heavy challenge on my body's system. As for me I just quit as easy as you can say it. My family and people that know me were shocked that I even lasted a day with out my life support system. I had no problem at all.

Once the surgery was over and the cancer was removed I decided to return to the Ice Cold Beer. I tried 3 different times and after a sip or two each time I could not stand the taste and the smell was even not desireable. A year and 3 months and still no beer or any other alcohol.

The best part of it all is I never got a DUI. I have had a few minor accidents while under the influence but nobody ever got hurt.

Back in the 60's and 70's drinking was not as considered today. When I started smoking at 8 years old I could go buy my own smokes I quit that habit in 1985 after 42 years and did it the same way as I did drinking. Stopped cold turkey and never looked back.