Thread: BL Sun / Mon
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409
Default BL Sun / Mon

I couldn't get on the lake Saturday but had a chance Sunday morning. I only had till noon, so needed to make it count. North end looked pretty cloudy so I headed south. I went to where I had been catching but nothing was happening. I hit five different spots in five hours and had a total of five bites. I landed one trout. It was horrible. So, one thing was for sure, I knew where the were not. I had a buddy tell me that he had a buddy that caught thirty something that day. He didn't tell me anything else and honestly, I didn't really want to know. I didn't want to crash that dude's bite. I just wanted to find my own.

So, Monday I had my shot. I completely changed gears and tried a pattern and area that produced for me two months ago. My first stop was six trout on top water. That bite died. I probably stayed there 45 minutes too long, hoping it would pick up again. But, the tide really hadn't changed, as far as I could tell. I should have just left sooner. Anyway, I hit my next spot, nada. Third spot started with a gafftop on lil jon....boooooo. But the next bite was a trout and then it went nuts. Caught the next nine trout in about twenty minutes. Sweet redemption.

Top water and lil jons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3100.jpg (70.4 KB, 429 views)