View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Ok, sorry for the late post! I found the boat, it was down under a tin roof near Panama. Took about a week of asking around and we followed a bunch of leads until one played out. Not an easy task. And then for fun, we went across to Panama without passports and got into a little trouble, but another story for another time...I knew I should have brought my passport...

Ok, so here is the boat we were looking for!

The owner was really cool. We showed him the mold we were building, and he showed us his warehouse with all the parts he plans on putting on his boat. He bought this thing for very little money from the marina in Quepos, and then took it all the way down to the glass and is starting a full rebuild. It'll be cool when he's done.

Alot of measurements that I was missing, like the overall original length, and the border height, and where the motors go, and the height of the floor in the back and over the motors, and the height of the cabin, width and height of the stringers, just lots of measurements i needed so I could start. And of course, the width in the back, which was the main one.

So we got back to Quepos, and realized that when they took this mold, they didn't go all the way up the sides because of rubber bumpers. So we need to add on a little bit to the sides. So we screwed some wood pieces to the side, and then we are making some glass laminates to butt up to them. but in the process, I realized the point of the boat is old school. Like the boat has a nice flare, but that goes away right at the nose. So we are going to cut the nose a little bit and continue the flare all the way around. I'll put some more pictures of that up in a bit. Here's where we are now: