View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959
BigGrin

Wow. I have a feeling I'm just proving how much I don't know, but here's what we've been up to! We spent a solid two weeks just body filling (bondo) the mold and sanding. And then I need my 40 feet, so we added on two more feet. The back is going to be round, so the bottom part I'm going to make a little longer, and we'll cut it after we do the transom.

Alright, here are the pictures. I started taking pictures after the main hull was already sanded, as there isn't much to see when we are sanding. We wanted the extension to be straight, so we got a bunch of 1 X 1's and stuck em on.

Then we glassed the pieces on from the back side.And then they also got glassed to each other, and it really firmed up nice.

We really could have used a good carpenter. We are kind of the "measure once and cut 4 or 5 times" type of carpenters. But we really got the rythm down after a few days of cutting and throwing wood away!

ANd then we painted everything with resin so that the new glass won't stick to it (wax and PVA coming too, but before we do the mold)