View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 01:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 959

Ok, this post is going to take a left turn. I got the 40 footer from the marina. Monday I signed away my life to the marina for this thing! I have until April to pay off everything this boat owes to the marina for being there the last two years and making no payments. So as soon as we signed the paperwork, we jumped in the boat and pulled the boat out of the water. There was nasty current in the estuary in the first picture, I hadn't driven a twin diesel boat, all mine are singles, so it was a trail by fire I don't know if I like the keel on this thing, I always imagined they would turn better, but either way, we made it.

So we take it out and then we got on it right away and chopped the tower down. I didn't see the point of leaving the super high tower (think lightning rod) on the boat, so we decided we will just leave the fly bridge. Here's some process shots.

And then we parked it under the big roof we put up two weeks ago. The roof worked out perfectly, it fits right in there with the flybridge and roof, and we can completely finish the rest of the boat in the SHADE! I love shade, and no rain. This is going to be easy!