View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Not a cheap shot that's how I feel about that member. He use to be very helpful to the site like many he stopped posting probably had more important things to do, I get it. I do not post as often as I should because I'm busy like you guys. Telling the me the site went to **** is not constructive so why should I be. The site is down because people aren't posting as much as they once did. READ what I wrote before that is NORMAL for a forum. It's up to you guys if you want to keep this thing alive or not. Post more if you want to keep it alive the site has been and can be a great tool for all of us and benefit many.
but at the same time, you have to realize a lot of people have stopped posting because there is a group of long time members here who do nothing but act like trolls, criticizing them for their opinions rather then posting about the topic being discussed in that thread as well as making fun of spelling errors (as if we are in school needing to be spell checked).

you know who the trouble makers are, and while i like this site and its free format to speak your mind without over modification of the threads, there is a point where total lack of moderation has made people feel unwelcome to voice ANY opinion for fear of being attacked and made fun of. sure we all say put your big boy pants on if you want to be here at this site, but at the same time, this atmosphere tends to drive people away.

im not a premium member so my opinion doesn't count but if i could afford to give money i would because i like this place in spike of the group that spends its time doing nothing but trolling to nit pick others posts rather then add to a conversation or heaven forbid actually offer "helpful" advice.

i think you would be served very well by reconsidering just how loosely things are moderated and the level of trolling that is allowed here. not saying crack down in any way but things are in need of "some" checks and balances to not drive off most new members who join.

at times i just avoid posting because i don't want to hear i spelled something wrong or be told i don't have the right to have a contrary opinion on a subject.

i come here to relax and read about fishing reports and read about and share fishing advice but with the trolls left to run amuck unchallenged and unrestrained, life is too short to need to have to put up with stuff like that.

if the trolling is put in check then you will see people starting to post more and new members wont be leaving after being run off or made to feel unwelcomed.

please consider what i said, i only want the best for this site.