SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991
Default New Swamp People thoughts?

What did everyone think about the new season of swamp people? Personally I was kinda disappointed. I may be mistaken but I was pretty sure the first gator that Troy caught was a replay from last year? Seemed way over board on the sensationalizing. Don't get me wrong I love this show and will keep watching it, but it just seemed a little over the top. And the new guy who catches em by hand, give me a break. LDWF has been catching them like that for years. He will gain my respect when he boats one over 5 foot. Let me know what ya'll think.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

i lost my crap when the toothless son got bit!!! LOL!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

I like how the producers use gators already shot or smaller then what they pull in the boat to say it's a 11 footer!!!!

Also did anyone notice that when they were filming going down the bayou they filmed why're cranes flying off from the bank and the background noise was snowgeese sounds as they flew off!!

I respect all the gator guys but the producers are a joke at editing!!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

White cranes!! Sorry
Old 04-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,530

yeah they show smaller gators when they are fighting a big one! Thats hollywood trickery!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

We got a chree breaka.... not a chree shaka!!! Choot em! Am i wrong or did i hear that old man say " i am 82 and I hope to still do this for two more years when I am 85."
Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

yea it was kind of the same thing as last season .....I was expecting somthing a little different!!!!! Same thing i said last night ....... let him grab a big boy like that and then he'll be the man!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
We got a chree breaka.... not a chree shaka!!! Choot em! Am i wrong or did i hear that old man say " i am 82 and I hope to still do this for two more years when I am 85."

nope i heard that too!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
nope i heard that too!!!

pffahaha I thought i heard it... told my wife the same thing.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104

The guy catching by hand he can go. As far as the rest of them it will only get better. I hope lol. To many camera tricks. They are never fighting the same gator that comes in the boat.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
That was Trapper Joe's dead father, Joe was reminising about his dad and said he hoped he could last as long as him. If the hollywood homo's would just get out of the way there would be more than enough drama to go around. If anyone would follow me around during a fishing or hunting trip, they could sell the rights and make some chedda. Always some drama in da bote.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 991

Anyone notice the Owl Hoot like every 2-3 minutes. Most of the time while they are running their boat. I agree that Hollywood needs to keep their editors in check. But you can't blame them for making money. Its all the people from outside of our area that make them the big bucks. They never get off the concrete long enough to have outdoor common sense!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBFishin View Post
Anyone notice the Owl Hoot like every 2-3 minutes. Most of the time while they are running their boat. I agree that Hollywood needs to keep their editors in check. But you can't blame them for making money. Its all the people from outside of our area that make them the big bucks. They never get off the concrete long enough to have outdoor common sense!
Yea to us what they do is kind of normal ......... but the outsiders or out of staters think they are frickin crazy........ Have an Aunt that was born and raised in Kansas City .... i thought she was gonna have a heart attack crabbing!!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Anyone notice how they show them shootin with one gun then after the shot they have a different gun or how they show them runnin one boat and motor but they will stop to get a gator and be in a diff boat rig
Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
i lost my crap when the toothless son got bit!!! LOL!
The toothless boy sure could teach the new guy a thing or two about catchin live gators, he must have thought he was noodlein for gators or tryin to use his hand for bait
Old 04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

Quote:
I noticed that too......but, did you see how old the video was? Filmed in 83? I think he meant 2 more years and retire in 1985........or he could just be dumb, idk.....
Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,811

I enjoyed the show as always. I'm not going to be a critic about the show because it's not made for the people of Louisiana, it's for the rest of the world. I hope these guys can make a small fortune off what they love to do....Good for them.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I noticed that too......but, did you see how old the video was? Filmed in 83? I think he meant 2 more years and retire in 1985........or he could just be dumb, idk.....
Yeah it caught me off guard... along with the HUGE fish flyin out the water. Thought i was watching the redneck fishing tournament. i was waiting to see em snag em with a net.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I enjoyed the show as always. I'm not going to be a critic about the show because it's not made for the people of Louisiana, it's for the rest of the world. I hope these guys can make a small fortune off what they love to do....Good for them.
#1 rated show on history channel ever . They are makin some cash.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 861

The guys are just some good ole boys in the right place at the right time and I hope they cash in for the mother load, but the editing is a freaking joke. I'm not sure if I can stand one more narrator claim the alligator is attacking the boat or show them playing around acting like they are trying to shoot a 10+' when it is only a 5'. I guess the rest of the world doesn't have a clue.