SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,188
Default Salt Ditch/Black Lake Land Ownership

[SIZE=3]I was unlucky enough to learn firsthand last weekend that a portion of black lake and the salt ditch is owned by a pirate land owner. I had heard stories in the past of men running up on fishermen in an airboat and circling around them but this is the first time it happened to me. I happened to have my wife and two small children with us, just trying to catch a few redfish in high winds. The area I was in was not marked private and I did not go through a tight levy system like the one on the salt ditch which is more clearly “off limits”. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The men that ran us off came to a dead stop 10 feet from my boat a threw a wake that almost knocked my three year old in the water. They were extremely rude and wreckless. I had no idea I was fishing on “private land” when these pirates showed up to endanger my family. I’m sure they were carrying weapons and any resistance from me could have resulted in a really bad results for both sides. Had I been by myself my reaction would have been different.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I know the CCA is basically silent on this issue and that several Louisiana politicians have tried to get the water access rules from the Foster administration overturned but have been unsuccessful. What can I/we do to fight this? Are you guys aware of an organization that is trying to overturn these laws or someone I should speak with? I do not mind spending a few thousand dollars to fight the cause. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I take my children with me to the outdoors just like my grandfather took me to teach them to respect our resources and the pureness of our sport. I had a very hard time explaining the actions of this drunken pirate to my seven year old. At the end of the day I just told him we broke a rule even though we did not know we were breaking a rule and these guys were water police.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]My understanding is that the owner of this land is the big money man in the town of Sulphur and Hackberry. Our country was created by patriots who were willing to fight the fight, I’m concerned enough to join the cause.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I hope none of you have had this same experience. Had there been a posted sign or some sign that the land was posted I would have disagreed with the principal but I would have respected the rules and turned around.[/SIZE]
Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

That's why I pack.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

I think me & him would have a bad problem if I had my young kids in the boat & he acted that way!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

I've been told by a lot of people about that guy...he is the land man...never got me but.

He has flashed a gun (want to say it was a AR) to a guy too. there are no signs but a levee, which is being rebuilt, to ward you off. If you want to endanger someone's life because of a piece of land with water on it your a sorry SOB...would love to catch his *** on land.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 635

He flash his piece, I take it away, stick it up his azz and pull the F-ing trigger

Till it goes CLICK......
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Someone here knows the land man's name.

What is it?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Trophy Trout

Its Palermo's Land isnt it?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I've been told by a lot of people about that guy...he is the land man...never got me but.

He has flashed a gun (want to say it was a AR) to a guy too. there are no signs but a levee, which is being rebuilt, to ward you off. If you want to endanger someone's life because of a piece of land with water on it your a sorry SOB...would love to catch his *** on land.
Agreed, I really thought he was going to try and get in my boat. He had three other guys with him when they ran up on me in their air boat. Is this the guy whose last name start with a P and is a big real estate man in Sulphur?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckinabox View Post
Its Palermo's Land isnt it?

That is what I was told by a local guide that I sometimes fish with.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

chicken you need to google earth the spot you were in, pull the GPS coordinates then figure out if you were on his land. I heard this guy was running people out of places he wasnt supposed to and the LDWF was patrolling the area.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Thats what i thought. Not a very liked man.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Entering A World of Pain

its not palermo himself...its his land guy and yeah not very liked...when the levees broke yes people were on his property and I completely understand but on the otherside (black lake side) he told them the property ran about 100 yards east...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
its not palermo himself...its his land guy and yeah not very liked...when the levees broke yes people were on his property and I completely understand but on the otherside (black lake side) he told them the property ran about 100 yards east...

I was on the black lake side in an area without a levee. Basically the far north east side of black lake. There are cranes and equipment there now.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
chicken you need to google earth the spot you were in, pull the GPS coordinates then figure out if you were on his land. I heard this guy was running people out of places he wasnt supposed to and the LDWF was patrolling the area.

To me that is the problem with the water access debate, it is a law that the state does not have the manpower to enforce and few people understand. You have v[SIZE=3]igilantly justice and they guys inforcing it may or may not be right in their understanding of the boundries. Plus with no posted signs who know when you are or are not one someones land. Let's just hope the oil comapnies do not change thier position on anglers or the marsh in general may be off limits to most of us. [/SIZE]
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Tell me where it at. Ill ruffle his arse. He better be prepared ta not just show his gun cus u only get to pull it once so use it with me. And especially if my kids were on board. Man i tell ya they wouldve HAD to have had funeral. Either mineor his. Freakin idiot
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Depends on where you are at in that area, its not all palermos land anymore,but they will all run you out if your on their land
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
Tell me where it at. Ill ruffle his arse. He better be prepared ta not just show his gun cus u only get to pull it once so use it with me. And especially if my kids were on board. Man i tell ya they wouldve HAD to have had funeral. Either mineor his. Freakin idiot

It may take that for this issue to finally be resolved and get everyones attention.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
Depends on where you are at in that area, its not all palermos land anymore,but they will all run you out if your on their land

I agree with you that based upon the current law landowners are running people out of thier "land". There is no requriement for posted signs or a levee so how is somone suppose to know they are own these folks land. I have two issues with it, one with the law itself which in my opinion is a violation of the constitution and two with a landowner taking the law into his own hands.

As you know boats are not cars, they won't stop on a dime. He came within 10 feet of my boat and could have knocked my children into the water, for what? To save his redfish that he owns?

Take a picture of my boat and turn me into Cameron parish and they can prosecute me, I do not approve of this guy becoming the law.

I never fish past the line at the weirs. However we both know some people do. Should I be allowed to unanchor people when they are past the line? no, I don't have the authority to do so.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Take a picture of my boat and turn me into Cameron parish and they can prosecute me, I do not approve of this guy becoming the law.

I never fish past the line at the weirs. However we both know some people do. Should I be allowed to unanchor people when they are past the line? no, I don't have the authority to do so.
x 2...call ldwf or sheriff to come get my butt and if I'm in the wrong sue the hell out of me.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,466

Call the Cameron D.A.