SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
I am available Thursday or Friday. I will be working on the blinds but can leave for awhile

looks like one is game
Old 12-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Rock or Ribbon?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Rock or Ribbon?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
No way! Never going to be a bet both parties will agree to!
It was brought up and like I said we can go to little chennier. The blind is listed in the first post of this thread. I know it not a field trial blind its a hunting blind
Old 12-10-2013, 12:40 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Ok guys here is the beef I had. I was tired of Raymond popping off about rock dogs and he is still talking crap about so I put a bet of $10,000 on what the first post started on this thread. He told me my dog new every inch of our marsh so I told him we could go to Little Chennier and do it down there. I am sure he is a good trainer but been bashing peoples training of there dogs how they want them aint good stuff. Now my blind is not yalls blind in the trials that's why I wanted to do this is to separate a robot dog from a good hunting dog that trust his master. Now for the ones of you that suck up to him carry on and have a good day

So exactly how do you plan on separating a robot dog, from a hunting dog, that trusts his/her master?
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Redfish

Cash: 639

Deadly D, I believe the word you were looking for in your run on sentence was "knew" not "new".
Old 12-10-2013, 05:01 AM
Flounder

Cash: 722

10 grand ,now there is some vittles this close to Christmas, Check or Credit, Debit , just wandering?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,952

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMyers View Post
No way! Never going to be a bet both parties will agree to!
True. Original senerio will not fly. Hell, this started over a dog getting lost amd you want to send them on a 350yd no see em blind. No man with common sense would take that bet.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
So exactly how do you plan on separating a robot dog, from a hunting dog, that trusts his/her master?
Exactly, he doesn't know what a "blind" is so it will be impossible to explain said criteria for judgement. It doesn't have to be longer than 100 yds but will require a whistle and hands. Klondike fire station would work, it should have enough room. Thursday is my only day to run blinds since I am scheduled to train ribbon dogs in Laplace Friday. My definition "the real definition" of a blind retrieve and you got Yosef a bet.
Is bet limited to just me? I am pretty sure I can get 15-20 dog handler teams to Klondike for that kinda chedda.

Last edited by Raymond; 12-10-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducktrickster View Post
True. Original senerio will not fly. Hell, this started over a dog getting lost amd you want to send them on a 350yd no see em blind. No man with common sense would take that bet.
This is inbetween MR. Pro and rock dog and it just didn't start there it started about 3 yrs ago with smartazz comments so have a good day
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Exactly, he doesn't know what a "blind" is so it will be impossible to explain said criteria for judgement. It doesn't have to be longer than 100 yds but will require a whistle and hands. Klondike fire station would work, it should have enough room. Thursday is my only day to run blinds since I am scheduled to train ribbon dogs in Laplace Friday. My definition "the real definition" of a blind retrieve and you got Yosef a bet.
Read number 1 and it will be in a marsh any dog can run in a field. My poodle can fetch a ball that far and he is a ball dog.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:01 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXCross View Post
10 grand ,now there is some vittles this close to Christmas, Check or Credit, Debit , just wandering?
Cash or check
Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Rock or Ribbon?
"W"s best one yet! LOL
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

There again you prove the point that you know absolutely nothing about training dogs. Google blind retrieve and post the definition,, original post you wanted to pickup one but don't know what it is. Why are you so afraid of knowledge and so resistant to learning????
Old 12-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Hopefully this bet goes better than the infamous Saltygate scandal between W and inch .. Although that did lead to an interesting several months of W getting to flex his CSI muscles lol
Old 12-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 View Post
Hopefully this bet goes better than the infamous Saltygate scandal between W and inch .. Although that did lead to an interesting several months of W getting to flex his CSI muscles lol
That was a classic!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msucowpoke51 View Post
We lost a site member over that one, I miss inch he always had great reports.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Read number 1 and it will be in a marsh any dog can run in a field. My poodle can fetch a ball that far and he is a ball dog.

man, I say this with all do respect...........you and Raymond need to meet with each other, with your dogs and see the "definition" of what each of you are intending.

I will give credit where credit is due..........I am sure you have a great dog. I think mine is great too. Raymond and these guys are playing in games that are fine tuned.

Like shooting 98 instead of 89 in a sporting clays tournament.....89 is damn skippy for a duck hunter, but not in the top 10 in the "real" shooters.

I think, with the love of dogs each of you have, you could fine common ground...........

I know trainers love to meet dogs with pure natural ability.......sounds like you have one of those........

Quaid gets 95% of all the birds I knock down, we hunt timber, which brings in it's own challenges.........but I know in my heart with a better trainer.......I.E. "not me" he could do better, and without as much "help" from me........

I am a HUGE fan of doing it myself........but am I doing my pup justice??

Bottom line.............you TWO guys go and meet up and meet each other's pups............
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Old 12-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Ok Raymond if you would like to run your dog against mine in the marsh I game. We can have a blind at 300 or 400 yrs. the blind will consist of cut grass, cattails and a thick patch of rozas. You will cast the dog from the dogplatform and let him go no whistles or hand signals after the cast. You will be able to see your dog for about 50 yrds and after that he is on his on. I will place a private substanal amount with you

I believe this is the dumbest competition ever.. So the dog will just run around until it happens to come across this 300-400 yrd mark? Whats the fun in that if you cant see your dog further than 50 yards? Isnt the handler supposed to help the dog find the bird?

So by letting the dog work on its own, that is saying your dog has not trust in you helping him get to the mark.. and i thought we wanted trust in our dogs?