SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913
Default Fuel prices

How high do you fellas think they will go with this idiot in the white house? I say 5.00 a gallon diesel fuel as I am already paying an average of 3.90 a gallon.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
How high do you fellas think they will go with this idiot in the white house? I say 5.00 a gallon diesel fuel as I am already paying an average of 3.90 a gallon.
I don't think it matters who is in the white house. Until things in the middle east settles down I think your figures are probably accurate.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
Who knows (not me) but $5.00 diesel would not shock me. The majority of the oil analyst are calling for oil to go down before the end of the year but I wouldn't short it right now. I have a diesel (F250) and two other cars that require 93 octane plus a Verado on my boat which recomends 93 so I am paying close to 4.00 now already. Long runs offshore this summer will be very expensive.

Personally I don't think it is as much of a white house issue as is it speculators on the NYMEX. Despite some of the highest supply numbers in history the price keeps going up over "fear". Oil/gas is basically in not elastic which means not completley controlled by supply and demand like normal goods and that is killing us right now. Just my .02, I use to work for Koch at thier world headquarters in the futures department so I am jaded.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I don't think it matters who is in the white house. Until things in the middle east settles down I think your figures are probably accurate.
Obammer could drop the price of a barrel by 25% tomorrow if he wanted to. Speculators are driving the market and he is fine with it because it makes the "Green Crap" he espouses more effective. Green energy is way too expensive if oil is cheap and even with high oil prices, govt subsidies must be in place. All the Messiah needs to do in order to kill the speculators is tell the world we will drill on both coast and ANWAR. It would make them BLEED but it will never happen. Anyone who voted for our current commander in chump should bend over and spreadem wide!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

All I know is ... It's Not BUSHES Fault and the Broke poor Democrats are not getting Obama to pay there gas....and bills...SO I hope it hits $5 gas per Gallon... This way the Democrats will not be able to vote...
Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Tripletail

[QUOTE=Raymond;243184]Obammer could drop the price of a barrel by 25% tomorrow if he wanted to. Speculators are driving the market and he is fine with it because it makes the "Green Crap" he espouses more effective. Green energy is way too expensive if oil is cheap and even with high oil prices, govt subsidies must be in place. All the Messiah needs to do in order to kill the speculators is tell the world we will drill on both coast and ANWAR. It would make them BLEED but it will never happen. Anyone who voted for our current commander in chump should bend over and spreadem wide! I feel the exact same way. There is one quick way to tell if he truly is a muslim and that is feed him pork. If he doesn't eat it he has been lying to us about his religion and he is a terrorist out to destroy this nation. Which I already believe to be the case. He has ticked off the Saudis at us and he has given 2 billion of our dollars to drill in Brazil while he is sitting back laughing at taxpayers while we get drilled in the pocket book. We ought to have 60 plus rigs running right now in the gulf instead we have twenty something. I can truly say I hate this guy who calls himself the president.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:48 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

clinton could of had a pipeline extended to ANWAR when he was the president but he declined it because it would of taken 10 years back then to complete, now it would only take 3 years, but the building still has not got started too many tree hugging idiots think it will stop the caribou from mating, why would a pipeline stop that? thats the dumbest liberal logic ever!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
clinton could of had a pipeline extended to ANWAR when he was the president but he declined it because it would of taken 10 years back then to complete, now it would only take 3 years, but the building still has not got started too many tree hugging idiots think it will stop the caribou from mating, why would a pipeline stop that? thats the dumbest liberal logic ever!
Haven't you learned by now that democrats have no logic because they are all from Mars.lol I think we ought to put them on an island and see if they can survive by themselves with no taxpayer assistance. I bet they would all kill themselves off. The world would then be a better place.lol
Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Obammer could drop the price of a barrel by 25% tomorrow if he wanted to. Speculators are driving the market and he is fine with it because it makes the "Green Crap" he espouses more effective. Green energy is way too expensive if oil is cheap and even with high oil prices, govt subsidies must be in place. All the Messiah needs to do in order to kill the speculators is tell the world we will drill on both coast and ANWAR. It would make them BLEED but it will never happen. Anyone who voted for our current commander in chump should bend over and spreadem wide!
I totally agree the green crap is way to expensive but we have had 2 presidents from both parties and neither did or have done nothing to lower the prices which makes me think it's out of their control. If President Bush could have cut the prices 25 percent I surely think he would have to help the people.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I totally agree the green crap is way to expensive but we have had 2 presidents from both parties and neither did or have done nothing to lower the prices which makes me think it's out of their control. If President Bush could have cut the prices 25 percent I surely think he would have to help the people.
Dems blocked drilling in ANWAR and his brother blocked drilling off Florida. Bush got hamstrung with Iraqi and a-Stan to the delight of same dems. Dems used gas price as an election wedge,it made them happy because they don't give a crap about the American people. Those old enough to remember the Carter administration should be able to see the similarities of our current one. Fiasco is the word that best describes both
Old 04-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 983
Default Do know that gas prices were

less than two bucks a gallon when Obama took office.....now look at them!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

try some google searches on the Commodity Futures Modernization Act and how the commodity market regulation and corruption happened.

it goes back decades
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Once it starts affecting the environmentalists, support for domestic drilling in areas once off limits will rise. It's just gonna take a major event or very high prices for everyone, including washington, to realize what a major resource and potential for jobs and source of income we have offshore.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
try some google searches on the Commodity Futures Modernization Act and how the commodity market regulation and corruption happened.

it goes back decades

You nailed it.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

From what I read the other day, the price per barrel of oil isn't really what's driving pump prices. When I read this, oil prices were $108/bbl. Pump prices are within pennies of what they were 3 yrs ago when oil was $155/bbl. To me, that says it's all speculation and fear driven pricing. Saudi even said that they had stepped up oil production by 300K bbl daily when the Libya "crisis" kicked off.

Here's what I speculate. Prices will cap out at about 5.00/gal. They will stay there until sometime this fall, say...November. JUst in time for the re-election campaign, the Grinning Kenyan will step in and "force" prices back down, hoping to wash away all of "sins" of the oval office. Maybe I'm wrong but, it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

What made gas high.....Obama ban on offshore drilling bottom line...look at gas prices before the BP spill and look now.... Obama is a tool and dont want American oil...He wants up to buy more from Muslims who want to kill us.....

Obama has gotten a eye opener when the Republicans almost shut the government down, He will not be able to talk his change speech in 2012. I cant wait to hear what he comes up with for his total destruction of his term.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

All I know is I put $150 in the boat the other day and didn't get half a tank.......
I'm gonna have to go up on my service calls cause the van is killing me at the pump........
Customers are gonna love that!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 851

This is all being driven by the 'enviro-nazis'. It plays perfectly into their agenda. Last week during a press conference someone asked Barry about soaring fuel prices and he chuckled and told them if they didn't like the prices they should buy a hybrid. It's time to drill and build more refineries. Drill Louisiana, North Dakota, ANWAR . Lest we forget , there's tons of marine shale oil under La./Miss border and with the new technology they can extract it cheaper than they could 5 years ago...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Tripletail

Customers ought to understand Dink as they drive themselves. Try spending 1000 dollars a week on diesel fuel with rates that aren't increasing. Sure our fuel surcharge goes up but that only pays for us to get where we are going and not back. The real issue with fuel going up is its going to ruin our economy again. Remember it doesn't hurt most Obama supporters because they don't drive.