SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default Maiden Voyage........Update....`

The salesman that sold me the boat called today..........owner of the marina had him call and tell me that if the motor needed serious repair to call them, that they wanted to help me out..............I only called them the One time to tell them what happened. I was sure they'd tell me to frick off, but there ya go. There ARE still some stand up folks in this world..................Still no word from mechanic as to whats wrong w/ it, but I'm patient............Tim
Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
The salesman that sold me the boat called today..........owner of the marina had him call and tell me that if the motor needed serious repair to call them, that they wanted to help me out..............I only called them the One time to tell them what happened. I was sure they'd tell me to frick off, but there ya go. There ARE still some stand up folks in this world..................Still no word from mechanic as to whats wrong w/ it, but I'm patient............Tim
I hope it works out great for you...
Old 08-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Not to be harsh but do yourself a favor and get your boat away from master marine.I had a motor that came from them that they welded the flywheel nut on! Im not trying to talk trash,I know this for a fact.Do yourself a favor and bring it to ANYONE but master marine.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Good luck, Tim.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

good luck man hope it works out
Old 08-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

hope all works out bro, that is a nice darn boat. maybe we can all pitch in and get ya a new one like that other site did for fliesitdies *****
Old 08-08-2009, 07:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckdaddy View Post
hope all works out bro, that is a nice darn boat. maybe we can all pitch in and get ya a new one like that other site did for fliesitdies *****

LMAO..... And then he can beotch about how slow it is and how it takes waves, and how little room they have...
Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
LMAO..... And then he can beotch about how slow it is and how it takes waves, and how little room they have...
yep he will need an upgrade lmao he will the ask for a gps, and a free trip with a guide ,etc.....
Old 08-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:

Thanks man!! I'll have the repair shop send you the bill...............that was nice of you!!! Hahahahaha.........Spread the wealth around folks!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:17 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
yep he will need an upgrade lmao he will the ask for a gps, and a free trip with a guide ,etc.....

For my guided trip, I'd like it to be a Tuna trip........Thanks again!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Blue Marlin

Mechanic called...........Motors busted.......3500 for rebuild.......And so this is my life......Ugh.........there goes the top, GPS, radio, and other goodies...........heck, after it's fixed I can take pictures of it in the driveway and talk about how GREAT it would look in the water.......cause I won't have the money to go fish in it!!!! there's always next year???
Old 08-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Mechanic called...........Motors busted.......3500 for rebuild.......And so this is my life......Ugh.........there goes the top, GPS, radio, and other goodies...........heck, after it's fixed I can take pictures of it in the driveway and talk about how GREAT it would look in the water.......cause I won't have the money to go fish in it!!!! there's always next year???

Damn THE BAD LUCK TIM!!!! Hate to hear that...........That just SUCKS
Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Sorry to hear that man,I had a feeling that was the problem after you said it died and when you tryed to re start it the starter would not turn it. Try to make sure they use all mercury pistons,bearings,and seals,not aftermarket.If you need any help let me know bro.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

That really really sucks man...hopefully good luck will follow!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Blue Marlin

I look at it this way........I'll have a TOP NOTCH rig when all this is over........won't worry bout hittin the gulf after this.......should be good to go!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

The place you bought the boat from would not step up to help you.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

Quote:

Well once you get it fixed....let me know........I'll fill her up for you and you can take me fishin in your neck of the woods!! Hate to see a boat like that sitting in the driveway.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
The place you bought the boat from would not step up to help you.
Besides offering parts at cost, they said "thats some bad luck you got"..........I'll be talkin to a lawyer later about it..........I don't think it was right to advertise it as only 49 hours if it wasn't.........To me thats like rolling back the odometer on a car to sell it for more...................the low hours was the BIGGEST selling point for me..........there were a few newer models with more hours, they were even closer to home, but I passed on them, AND they were cheaper!!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bay_slayer View Post
Well once you get it fixed....let me know........I'll fill her up for you and you can take me fishin in your neck of the woods!! Hate to see a boat like that sitting in the driveway.

Bay......worst part is I filled it before I headed out!! All 80 gallons!!! ARGH.........all that cash sittin......was thinkin bout siphoning some to cut the grass this afternoon
Old 08-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Tim, give Byron Harris a call at 225-698-6272, he is a great outboard man who does all my work, and he races for Mercury Marine, so he knows them inside and out. He may be able to save you some money and he WILL do the job right!