SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130
Default Zohydro

Drug companies are working to develop a pure, more powerful version of the nation's second most-abused medicine, which has addiction experts worried that it could spur a new wave of abuse.

Opiate addiction is becoming more prevalent in the younger society. "OC" or oxycontin was introduced in 1995. This has become an epidemic since its distrubution. It is now the leading abused drug in the US. This new zohydro is said to be 10 times more potent than vicodin. The pill will be time released to help prevent addiction.... but addicts will get around that and just crush it for a more instant effect.

This is a scary situation with the sudden boom of opiate dependency among teens since the introduction of OC. I have a son and this is a real concern for me. Just thought i would get this information out there to yall.

Read more here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/powerf...180505140.html
Old 12-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Thanks for the post. Not saying I'm innocent but I am glad I woke up and smelled the coffee when I did. It's ashame what kids are doing to get high these days. And I feel it's only getting worse.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Sailfish

Its been way worse in the past couple of years. Drugs are trendy these days. Opiates are the thing in the younger kids. Accessibility is getting easier. Its easier for a kid to score oxys, roxy, percs, or any other tab rather than alcohol. Its sad..... on a positive note, I smelt the coffee also.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

I just drank some coffee...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
I just drank some coffee...
me too... fuggin ran outta hazelnut creamer. i am addicted to that stuff. back to topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
me too... fuggin ran outta hazelnut creamer. i am addicted to that stuff. back to topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just saying...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1324998928744.jpg (71.0 KB, 271 views)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Never took pills other than when perscribed. I can see the effects, though. Know lots of people who would snort painkillers and take a lot of xanax. why someone would want to be like that, I have no clue.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Sailfish

I have seen addiction tear families apart. alcohol and drugs. I am just saying.... IF you thought oxycontin was an epidemic, wait until this hits the shelf.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
me too... Fuggin ran outta hazelnut creamer. I am addicted to that stuff. Back to topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazlenut creamer! So you like that with your lowfat soy latte's? lo!!!! Had to throw that in there. I've seen many of people in my partying days let this stuff take over there lives. It's real tough to watch somebody close to you like that.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

I have a friend who had all three of his kids removed from his home Bc of a pill addiction. Now there gone for good. How the f do you lose all your kids to pills. It's very sad. I had my demons in the past but damn.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

If you have never been there you will never understand it.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
If you have never been there you will never understand it.
been there done that.
After living w/ terminal cancer patients and watching how they suffer even w/ oxy and morphine . I am glad to see something stronger out on the mkt.
i blame the dr's who prescribe unnecessary prescriptions for pills to anyone w/ money to pay or a medicade card.
Dr shopping has gotten really bad and some states have finally cracked down on it. If the medicade / medicare fraud could be stopped all of our insurance cost would go down .
Old 12-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
been there done that.
After living w/ terminal cancer patients and watching how they suffer even w/ oxy and morphine . I am glad to see something stronger out on the mkt.
i blame the dr's who prescribe unnecessary prescriptions for pills to anyone w/ money to pay or a medicade card.
Dr shopping has gotten really bad and some states have finally cracked down on it. If the medicade / medicare fraud could be stopped all of our insurance cost would go down .
They put a "phone-a-doctor" out of business here in Gonzales a couple of years ago. Apparently, he thought it was ok for patients to call in to him and tell him what they needed.

Sadly, I know he's not the only one doing this, just the one that they caught.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I lived with a bad back for almost 13 years.
I couldn't take medicine at work, so I suffered.
I tried several pain meds, but they didn't work.
Only one that worked somewhat was Oxycontin.
But doctors quit prescribing it cause of abuse.
If taken like it is supposed to, it shouldn't be
addictive.
This is my experience with them.
Some people try to get more pain relief and only
get buzzed. That does not help the pain, just
gets you addicted. If the medicine doesn't work,
don't double your dose, tell the freakin doctor so
he can try something else.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,022

When I found out I had cancer I was in so much pain due to I had a 14" tumor, 8" tumor, and 4" tumor in my abdomen pressing on my nerves which made me feel like I had hernia. They gave me Oxycontin and it didn't work, so I stopped taking it and just took the pain for two weeks until I had the surgery. Glad as much pain medicine I was given I wasn't addicted.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

I was given xanex a few weeks ago for anxiety. I only took 1. Threw the rest. I slept 16hrs!!!! Sure I felt great, but I got stuff to do!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:13 AM
King Mackeral

I'm prescribed muscle relaxers and pain meds for my lower back. It's been messed up since I wrecked my motorcycle. I asked for the least norcotic of both. I only take them when I really hurt. I have a addictive personality. I traded one addiction for another. Now I just fish. My family and fishing saved my life.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Madison ave and big pharma have given crybaby America what it wants. Life revolves around taking a pill, per the commercials. HBP,cholesterol,Acid reflux,erection,toenails,hair,angziety,depression, gas,ect, all have a pill o make it better instead of dealing with it like everyone did 20 years ago. Healthcare costs have been driven through the roof because of drugs and uninsured. Nobody's getting out of this alive, only broke if it keeps moving at this pace. Ever wonder why hospitals charge $10 for an asprin? It's to cover everyone who stiffed them. At some point it will end and America will look like the road warrior film count on it.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 AM
King Mackeral

Just smoke a joint and be happy. No one needs all them damn pills. Never mind that's still illegal. Lol.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I took an OC one time. They gave it to me before my surgery. I tell u I will never take another one. That thing was bad. But I wouldn't go as far as to say we should do away with acid reflux pills!! You ever tried to sleep wit black fire coming up out of your nose?? I have AR bad and I have to take a pill every couple days. The pills not only prevent AR but they heal the damage done to the esophagus. If it weren't for nexium my dad would prolly be dead with esophageal cancer. It healed him. But it's not a narcodic. Now I know some people who can't go through their daily lives without taking pills to make them "be" what they want. I know a lot of women that take uppers in the morning and downers in the evening to sleep. Man if they only knew how bad this was. Your body will tell you when youre tired. That's when it's time to sleep. I tell u, wake up at 2:30 am and walk thru the marsh. You won't need any help sleeping that night lol