SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 587
Default Something I find funny I wanted to put out there....

Wanna start by saying I'm just posting this cause it's funny. I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops. It makes no difference to me either way but....

I've been noticing that no one puts items up "for sale" now. Everyone wants to "gauge interest" in their item that they apparently may or may not want to sale. haha. I would think that if you want to sell it why don't you just say "For Sale" and be done with it. If no one wants to offer you enough money for it then keep it....therefore, interest gauged! ha
Old 06-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

remarkable concept...............
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
Wanna start by saying I'm just posting this cause it's funny. I'm not trying to bust anyone's chops. It makes no difference to me either way but....

I've been noticing that no one puts items up "for sale" now. Everyone wants to "gauge interest" in their item that they apparently may or may not want to sale. haha. I would think that if you want to sell it why don't you just say "For Sale" and be done with it. If no one wants to offer you enough money for it then keep it....therefore, interest gauged! ha
I'm assuming my latest post sparked this. Let's see, I'm going to college to fish, so I will be upgrading. I'm in no rush to sell my rig, therefore if someone wants to purchase it, for the price its there's. I'm just seeing if anybody is interested.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
I'm assuming my latest post sparked this. Let's see, I'm going to college to fish, so I will be upgrading. I'm in no rush to sell my rig, therefore if someone wants to purchase it, for the price its there's. I'm just seeing if anybody is interested.
I thought I might get a reaction out of you...not my intent. I'm not trying to bust you or anyones chops here. I just thought it was funny that it's how most people post items for sale now.

Just saying....Wouldn't it still work the same if, for instance, someone posted a boat "for sale" for $5,000. Then, if someone is "interested" they will call or email because they want to buy it for the amount.... And, if no one calls or emails then, by process of deduction, it can be assumed that they are "not interested".
Old 06-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tete Dur View Post
I thought I might get a reaction out of you...not my intent. I'm not trying to bust you or anyones chops here. I just thought it was funny that it's how most people post items for sale now.

Just saying....Wouldn't it still work the same if, for instance, someone posted a boat "for sale" for $5,000. Then, if someone is "interested" they will call or email because they want to buy it for the amount.... And, if no one calls or emails then they, by process of deduction, it can be assumed that they are "not interested".
Valid point. With me not being in a rush, and seeing others do the same, I just threw the gauging interest. On a side note atleast the "for sale" prefix is there! Lol
Old 06-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Banned

What year is the rig and what speeds are you getting out of it? I'm thinking about gaining some interest.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Shack BBQ View Post
What year is the rig and what speeds are you getting out of it? I'm thinking about gaining some interest.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
Touche!! haha
Old 06-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I think most people do it because if you put something up for sale in the classifieds, no one is allowed to comment on it. This way if you say you are "gauging interest" people can comment, maybe tell you what they would offer you, etc.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
I think most people do it because if you put something up for sale in the classifieds, no one is allowed to comment on it. This way if you say you are "gauging interest" people can comment, maybe tell you what they would offer you, etc.
In all seriousness then....maybe there should be a "gauging interest" board if people want to have open discussions about the items they want to sell. It would make it easier for them to sell because most people go to the "classifieds" section and do not go through the general boards looking for items that are for sale. They could miss out on a sale oportunity by someone that doesn't know to look in other places besides the classifieds....or open the classifieds up so that there can be discussion if the seller so chooses.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 890

What kind of gauge does someone need to gauge this interest that is being put out there? Are they usually liquid filled or just the plain cheap gauges?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:02 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,090

Definition: Sale . . . when a buyer and seller are equally motivated to get the deal done . . . gauge that . . .
Old 06-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Was wondering the same thing myself.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i hear you man! I was close to purchasing a boat but whenever I called the guy told me " o I was just seeing what kind of interest there was".... stupid efftard! He had a price and everything! His wife must have wanted him to sell it and he apparently had no intentions of doing that.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Just post it in the boating section and ask "hey guys, thinking about selling my rig, what do you think it will bring ???"....

Hydro