SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 725

I owned a maxus and liked the gun itself. However i had to send it back only a couple months after I bought it for not cycling shells. They fixed something and it worked good for a while. Then the 2nd season I had it I ended up sending it back because it wouldn't fire after cycling shells sometimes. They fixed it and sent it back and i promptly sold it. Also, dura touch is crap!!
I now own beretta a400 xtreme and love it. So far it has cycled everything I put in it every single time. I'm looking forward to my first full season with it.
Take it for what it's worth. That's my experience.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544

had the same problem with the maxus...sent it back once...did fine last season...
Old 07-12-2012, 05:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

I am partial to the Browning Maxus since I have bought it. Lightest gun on the market. Belches out 3 1/2" with hardly any hangups. I was having problems with hangups, I got into the forums and found that it is not wise to lube the gun with a teflon based lube such as remington oil. Well I started lubricating the gun with clp5 and the hangups went away.

I was previously an 870 Express and a Benelli Nova owner.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

A buddy of mine got a maxxus a few years ago and has had a lot of problems with it cycling. Also the camo peeled off of it after only afew hunts. The guy at G&H in gueydan told him the off on his hands caused the camo to peel. I shot it a few times during teal seaon and when it cycled good, it was a great gun.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

don't get me wrong the feel of the gun is awesome and its light light and the swing feels natural because of the weight...I use rem oil exclusively...really haven't had issues with hangups just the trigger mech. which is gone now. May try clp5

Now the camo on these guns is poo...xtremas definately have better coating. I have scrapes on the barrel and such. I try to keep mesquito dope off the bottom of my hands as much as possible....
Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Benelli, Performance worth the PRICE.....
Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,260

I used to shoot a Beretta 391 Silver Pigeon in skeet shooting and trap shooting competitions, and I had a Browning BPS that was my shotgun for hunting season. The wieght difference was unbelievable, when I swung the Browning it felt like swinging a sack of concrete compared to my Beretta. The 391 had 1000 to 1500 rounds put through it every month year round and never had any issues... I was so impressued I got rid of my Browning and bought the extrema 2, Liked it so much I actually began using it as my skeet and trap gun as well as my hunting gun, 391 Silver Pigeon now sits in the closet.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Entering A World of Pain

If i were in the market i would look at the A400 xplorer...haven't had a chance to pick one up though.