SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
Oh not so, if the extractor breaks no shell will be ejected. Therefore it actually isn't cycling a round . I have seen it many times in the first Mossberg 3.5 pumps that came out .

x2 I had one of the first Mossberg ulti mag also. Still have it in fact. Went a whole season whipping out my leatherman to extract the 3.5 shell. I was shooting remingtons. Switched over to some federals my dad had at the end of the season and never had a problem with those. Apparently the Remington brass would expand too much inside the chamber,and the extractor would just pull off of the brass,and then I would hafta go digging.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Nothing more aggravating than digging out a shell while birds are committing to the deeks...my 870 got nasty towards the end of last season after a day or two of hunting and not cleaning my gun and pretty much sitting in salt marsh a few days in a row...almost lost my mind
Old 08-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenner18 View Post
Oh not so, if the extractor breaks no shell will be ejected. Therefore it actually isn't cycling a round . I have seen it many times in the first Mossberg 3.5 pumps that came out .
My buddy got one and its happened twice. He won't upgrade just keeps changing it. He smacks ducks with it and he can't afford the high dollar jump. Everyone had a pump at one time.
I don't always shoot a pump but when I do it's a .870 rem. that's a brush beating son of a gun.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:55 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Had two used 400's and 2 used sbe 2's at jims yesterday...I was there to buy a new super nova...it was time to upgrade but still funsctions flawless...I shouldered the 400 and immediately thought it was garbage...as soon as I shouldered the sbe 2 I knew it was for me...it points like a dream I got it for 989.99 like new hell it pretty much is new...they had a black one for less. And another black vinci I believe for a little more...I justified the extra 300 or so dollars than I was gonna spend on the super nova by trading in a taurus .357 ill never use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
Had two used 400's and 2 used sbe 2's at jims yesterday...I was there to buy a new super nova...it was time to upgrade but still funsctions flawless...I shouldered the 400 and immediately thought it was garbage...as soon as I shouldered the sbe 2 I knew it was for me...it points like a dream I got it for 989.99 like new hell it pretty much is new...they had a black one for less. And another black vinci I believe for a little more...I justified the extra 300 or so dollars than I was gonna spend on the super nova by trading in a taurus .357 ill never use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

where is jims?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
where is jims?
In Baton Rouge off Seigen....Take the spilt like you are heading to NOLA go about 2 miles and you will see the exit. Take exit and head left go about 1 mile an it is off to the left.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 899

Ok change my does to did. Either way its all in what you prefer. Everyone is different. I prefer Benelli. Never had any problems
Old 08-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

I really like the beratenelli triple tail CCA special....shoots low brass drost like a dream...

Browning maxus....
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Red Snapper

That Maxxus felt good in my hands!
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
That Maxxus felt good in my hands!
Did in mine too. I love that mechanism on the side to chamber from tube.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Red Snapper

Im gonna try to go get a new gun at shooters this weekend....gonna leave it up to gun feel.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub View Post
Im gonna try to go get a new gun at shooters this weekend....gonna leave it up to gun feel.
Just load a few and take out a few mounts in the store. They won't mind.. Lol and you will they know for sure
Old 08-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 597

I shot a standard Benelli M1 in competition sporting clays and skeet for 12 years. 5-8000 rounds a year. Replaced one extractor after it wore out, but before I had a failure, still hunt ducks, quail, and grouse with it every year. I guess you could say I like Benelli.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Say what you will, benelli is a tried and true workhorse. Lemons happen, man make things and has a bad day every now and again - benelli guns hold their own and have spanned the competition in recent years, and it ain't because if marketing. It's because guys like me that have hunted the hell out if them right next to wingmasters, and other staples in the field, and they have proven their worth.

You buy a benelli and treat it like your daddy taught you, and that gun will knock birds down and be there when you are ready to pass it on.

This he said she said bull is for the birds, benelli is for knocking them down.. Nurse on it.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130
Default "Benelli Click" ???????????????????????????

Anyone ever have any issues with this??? how did you fix it? i have a new Franchi that has been doing this to me on the first shell... Having to make sure the chamber is completely closed everytime i shoot.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
Anyone ever have any issues with this??? how did you fix it? i have a new Franchi that has been doing this to me on the first shell... Having to make sure the chamber is completely closed everytime i shoot.

well your first problem is you bought a Franchi... talk about a certified POS
Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
well your first problem is you bought a Franchi... talk about a certified POS
Thanks for your productive feedback... guess i should just throw the gun away now that you have certified that it is a POS.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Tripletail

ha sorry, I have had two buddies with franchis and one brought his to the gunsmith so much, he told him that if it breaks one more time to throw it away because he is tired of working on it..

So in my opinion i have heard and seen nothing but problems from this gun.. and from the feel of this gun it seems to be very cheaply made..

Might as well spent the extra $$$ for one of the guns that everyone else has been talking about on here.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltERedneck View Post
My first Benelli M1 would do that to me every once in a while. One time I called in 2 huge gobblers for a buddy and I. On count to 3, I was gonna take left and he was gonna take right. Well my gun doesn't fire and he rolls his. Probably the most depressing hunting trip of my life. Buddy's tom had 4 beards. I hunt with a crack barrel 10 gauge now to ensure something like this never happens again.

The extractor rotates when it closes chamber. And it doesn't fully rotate sometimes. I'm sure the Franchi is similar. Have you brought to gun shop?
Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

This is true of benellis and the browning golds
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .