SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Salty Cajun Classifieds > SaltyCajun.com Classifieds > Hunting and General Outdoor Equipment

Hunting and General Outdoor Equipment Post your hunting, camping, and outdoor item ads here

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default More Guns for sale!

I need to clean out my gun safe a make room for new toys. I have some guns that are collecting dust and I no longer need them. These will make someone a good deal:

Oldie, but goodie! - Weatherby Vanguard in .270, w/ Redfield 3x9x40 scope and sling. This rifle has killed more deer than I can remember! All black synthetic stock, floated barrel, and shoots great. It is approximately 13years old and I am asking $400 for it. (it has some minor wear marks)

Youngster starter gun: H&R 20ga crack barrel that has the push safety to keep the gun from firing when cocked. The stock has been cut to fit a small child and I have used this gun to start out my children while duck hunting. They have all grown up to bigger guns, so its in the way now! -$50 takes it!

Another classic - Remington model 1100, 12ga. - shoots only 2 3/4" shells, plain barrel w/ old time poly choke on the end. Dove/duck killing machine that I may end up keeping just as a spare gun. $175 (has lots of wear and bluing is worn off in spots - no rust).

All are located in Crowley, but I travel to Lafayette almost daily, so let me know if you want to take a look at them. Email me for more info @ bryan.foti@teammcllc.com.

Thanks for looking!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

i'm interested in the 20 single shot. Hows it look rust wise? I have an old 20 gauge crack barrel, but it has no safety. My son is almost 4 and have been looking around.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Ill take 20 crack barrel if Cmdrost dont
Old 10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
King Mackeral

It is in great shape, no rust, and I was using just a few weeks ago, burning some old 20ga shells I had while training lab in the rice fields. This is a very short stock, If he is a big kid, it won't last long. That's why I am selling it, all my kids grew out of it, but it fit them well at the time. Gun was purchased at G&H Seed, so they could probably order another stock for it if needed.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

You "NEED" to come off that Ruger Compact!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Red Snapper

Is this the gun?

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotg...rdneryouth.asp
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
You "NEED" to come off that Ruger Compact!!!!!!!!

N O T!!!!!!, that gun isn't going anywhere!!!! It dropped another deer this past Saturday at the hands of my 15y/o for the youth weekend. 85gr Federal JHP took out the heart, lungs and dropped her where she stood like a bad habit! No damage to the meat, clean kill, no tracking, and all with a gun that won't send you to the dentist to get your cavity replaced....I don't like those big calibers for deer and think alot of guys loose deer from flinching while waiting for the mule kick of a 300mag or even the new short mags! Overkill has its drawbacks! Anything over a .308 is overkill in my humble opinion on our deer here in La., now if I were in Canada or Michigan where 300# deer are the norm, then a 30-06 or heavy 7mm Mag would be my choice. But you obviously know that little rifle and I can tell you I am selling that Weatherby listed here to get another .308 just like that .243 we are discussing right now. Easy to carry, short, accurate, and fine tuning w/ trigger job is easy!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post

Yep Chas, that's it! Many a woodducks & teal made it to my table from my boys shooting on the water with that gun. I got several "first duck" pictures from that little thing, just hate to see it collecting dust. It's not like I want to hold on to it for any reason. If it was a big investment like what they shoot now, then it would wait to be passed on to the grandkids one day. These things are cheap, so why not let some other little one use it so mom & dad don't have to buy a gun, cut the stock, and go through all the crap it takes to get them out in the field.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
N O T!!!!!!, that gun isn't going anywhere!!!! It dropped another deer this past Saturday at the hands of my 15y/o for the youth weekend. 85gr Federal JHP took out the heart, lungs and dropped her where she stood like a bad habit! No damage to the meat, clean kill, no tracking, and all with a gun that won't send you to the dentist to get your cavity replaced....I don't like those big calibers for deer and think alot of guys loose deer from flinching while waiting for the mule kick of a 300mag or even the new short mags! Overkill has its drawbacks! Anything over a .308 is overkill in my humble opinion on our deer here in La., now if I were in Canada or Michigan where 300# deer are the norm, then a 30-06 or heavy 7mm Mag would be my choice. But you obviously know that little rifle and I can tell you I am selling that Weatherby listed here to get another .308 just like that .243 we are discussing right now. Easy to carry, short, accurate, and fine tuning w/ trigger job is easy!
Yup! I love a short action! If they just made that Ruger Compact in left hand!!!!! 7mm-08 is the ticket! I have just over 160 whitetails under my belt. Approx. 50 with a bow & out of the 110+ at least 75 have come with 7mm-08 & the rest with .308, I was just kiddin ya, I knew you wouldn't part with it!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Red Snapper

Fin...yes I want the 20 gauge. pm me for details on how to hook up.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:54 AM
King Mackeral

The .20 ga is sold, pending funds, still have a .270 and 12ga up for sale.

I have dropped the price on the 12ga to $125 since I pulled it out and looked at it. It is more of a pirogue or camp gun. Still functions flawlessly, but it has seen its better days in the cosmetic department.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:10 AM
King Mackeral

Default Bump

I need to move the Weatherby so I can order my new gun! Come on guys, someone needs a deer rifle! Scoped out, sighted in, and ready to hunt. I even have some rounds to go with the gun!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Red Snapper

I would, but you talked me into the 7mm-08...haha
Old 10-22-2009, 10:01 AM
King Mackeral

Ok the 20ga is gone! - The Remington 1100 and Weatherby are still available.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
King Mackeral

BUMP! - Rifle is still available - ready to go - $400
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Bryan.......IV got your sollution.......come by and get ANOTHER gun safe.....that way you don't have to sell all this.......
Old 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
King Mackeral

Default sold!

SOLD
Closed Thread