SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
That is one I am actually looking at getting. Either that or a 23.
Call Cabela's, mine was an exchange from the the Nebraska State Police. They got in like 8 that day and were gone. Luck for me, I just happen to go that day. Seems about every year or so they swap out for new glocks. Well I got mine for $ 360 with the protective holster and two clips and case. Looks like new. I have passed at least 300 rounds thru it so far. The only have the 22's since this is what they carry. My older brother is an Alexandria city cop (15 plus years) and they all carry the Glock 22. According to him, they 'GLOCKS' are the best on the market!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Call Cabela's, mine was an exchange from the the Nebraska State Police. They got in like 8 that day and were gone. Luck for me, I just happen to go that day. Seems about every year or so they swap out for new glocks. Well I got mine for $ 360 with the protective holster and two clips and case. Looks like new. I have passed at least 300 rounds thru it so far. The only have the 22's since this is what they carry. My older brother is an Alexandria city cop (15 plus years) and they all carry the Glock 22. According to him, they 'GLOCKS' are the best on the market!
Glocks are very reliable. My dad has gotten the new generations when the come out as he is an officer. Havent talked to him much about the gen 4 but he was excited to get them. He carries the 22 and says he likes the way the new one fits in his hand. I own a glock 22 gen 3, which is a hand-me-down from my father. I have shot the .45 glock and it feels bulky in my hand. Glocks are reliable!

That being said, they definitely aren't the easiest on the eyes. But what does that matter? Id rather be alive holding an ugly gun than to be dead with the best looking handgun on the market. Its all shooter preference! Most big city police are required to carry glocks, mainly the model 22, along with a tactical 870 in the patrol car and a ar15 in the trunk, but that is optional. You better bet my dad rolls loaded out!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,104

Wouldn't catch me with this gun ever. Aboriginese call em throw away guns. 200$ brand new.
Attached Images
File Type: gif hipoint.gif (10.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

i have a 23 and shot it side by side with the 22 on several occasions and as far as accuracy goes I cant tell a difference. the 22 is obviously bigger with a longer barrel but I didnt notice any accuracy improvement. I prefer the 23. smaller, not quite as bulky and shoots great. just dont get the 23c cuz its loud as crap and if you have to shoot at night your sight is gone after the first shot because the flash.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:12 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
I have the same gun, no laser tho. The most accurate handgun I've ever touched
that tactical 45xd is an awesome gun, it didn't win handgun of the year a few years back just because it could hold 14 rds! that match grade barrel is unbeatable!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Wouldn't catch me with this gun ever. Aboriginese call em throw away guns. 200$ brand new.
got one of those too you can have it for $50
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
got one of those too you can have it for $50
Nah, it would be the 3rd worst $50 I ever spent.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Nah, it would be the 3rd worst $50 I ever spent.
c'mon man...look good in that holster!!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

get a glock....just like for duck hunting...get a benelli......all else is TRASH!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
c'mon man...look good in that holster!!
They don't make a good holster for them. Heavy and ugly. It does actually shoot straight though.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
They don't make a good holster for them. Heavy and ugly. It does actually shoot straight though.
I can tell u this, if u miss all your shots throw that heavy sob at the perp...it'll knock'em out!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Really?? If your aim is that bad, throwing it ain't gonna help!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Really?? If your aim is that bad, throwing it ain't gonna help!!!!
I tell u what 50 bucks for the high point and u'll have the coolest paperweight. Seriously the gun shoots like a mofo but heavy. .45 acp.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
I tell u what 50 bucks for the high point and u'll have the coolest paperweight. Seriously the gun shoots like a mofo but heavy. .45 acp.
Better than a stick!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Better than a stick!
Heck yeah u can getcha a gun for cheap cheap yeah! bought in college when I didn't have a pot to pee in. Served its purpose as protection in the hood I lived in... Now she needs a good home
Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

$50 I'll buy it, I had the 9mm carbine it was a good gun, cheap and fun to plink with.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I can tell u this, if u miss all your shots throw that heavy sob at the perp...it'll knock'em out!!!
It will.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
$50 I'll buy it, I had the 9mm carbine it was a good gun, cheap and fun to plink with.
It's yours if u want it!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
That is a cool gun too
Old 08-02-2011, 11:09 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
It's yours if u want it!
can you ship it? I can pay thru paypal.