SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Default let's help!!

there's13000+ members on this site!! Not all have been impacted by the flood!! Here's my thoughts everyone put a dollar or ten in a PayPal account. That would be alot of money!! Then we give it to a food bank,shelter,church group( that's helping)

I can't say I can use this websites name cause don't have permission.
But it would be all open book, and 100% given to the people in need. I don't thank it would be far to just give to one or 3 people, when there's so many in need!!
Old 08-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Red Snapper

I will start off with a 100$

If any one has any questions feel free to call me!! 2817036660, if there's anyone that pleages will open the PayPal account in the morning, can't do it on my phone.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:09 PM
Red Snapper

There's such an overwhelming responses!! Glad yall are willing to help!!!!
Old 08-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I don't see why we can't do something. 10 bucks each will go a long ways to help. Even if nothing but food, water, clothes, etc.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Great idea but some of us are helping already. I know I have donated several hundred in cleaning supplies to my church. We set up a donation center and the response has been awesome. We have a group coming to our church that will provide over 10,000 meals. Folks helping folks, that's what we do in south louisiana.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

I'll pitch in a few bucks but I've already spent hundreds of dollars donating and helping family and community since Sunday.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Great idea but some of us are helping already. I know I have donated several hundred in cleaning supplies to my church. We set up a donation center and the response has been awesome. We have a group coming to our church that will provide over 10,000 meals. Folks helping folks, that's what we do in south louisiana.

Andy is just feeling like a lot of us. We're high and dry but see all of you as our friends. Friends that may need help.
Glad to hear your church is organized and helping. That's what it's about.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Redfish

Cash: 705

The PTO at my school, Gillis Elementary, has already set up a collection area for all types of items to donate but I will be more than happy to donate also. I'll pm you tomorrow...Cajunduck man...aka Tim Savoy
Old 08-17-2016, 08:06 PM
Red Snapper

Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Got ten horses and 200 head of cow's here. Was just trying to get something going to do more!!

Let me know what church or organization and I will give what I can to them ! Out of 13000 members and i get 3 replies?? Sad sad!!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Got ten horses and 200 head of cow's here. Was just trying to get something going to do more!!

Let me know what church or organization and I will give what I can to them ! Out of 13000 members and i get 3 replies?? Sad sad!!
I think you have a great idea, I was just offering one reason some haven't replied. Our church is The Bayou Church and we are on Kaliste Saloom in Lafayette . The donation center is open 8am-8pm through Friday. Not sure about the hours next week.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Red Snapper

Thanks, already got 500$ from up in my part of tx. Waiting on a couple more calls that could double or triple that tonight or in the morning was just trying to get the non posters to step up and give a buck or two. If it's ok can I pm you around noon tomorrow and get contact info??
Old 08-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Thanks, already got 500$ from up in my part of tx. Waiting on a couple more calls that could double or triple that tonight or in the morning was just trying to get the non posters to step up and give a buck or two. If it's ok can I pm you around noon tomorrow and get contact info??
Absolutely. Thanks!!!
Old 08-17-2016, 09:25 PM
Red Snapper

No problem
Old 08-17-2016, 10:58 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Id be willing to throw in a few bucks.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

I'll chip in
Old 08-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

I'm willing
Old 08-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

I'm in. I just got back from Baton Rouge. We had a group of parents from my football and baseball teams as well as camp canard from here and a few others donate a lot of items. We drove s uhaul down there yesterday to a shelter in Colyell, la which is outside of Denham Springs.

They need help, it's bad.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:23 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Yall know i'm usually good for helping in any charity cause. I'm sure i speak for more than a few members , We only had a bit shy of 2 feet of water in our home here in B.R Its Not a lot compared to many . But when the toilets were the first thing to over flow it really is a mess.any thing that wasn't on a shelf or table is ruined . All furniture gone except tv and puter. i unplugged 3 freezers and fridge . still lost 2 freezers and food in them. I had to take an unpaid leave of absence from work to take care of our house.
We live in a very high area that has never seen water in the street for more than a few min. so no insurance. My Brother who a few of yall met on our last big grand isle trip. Had water up to his roof in denham springs. They lost everything but one vehicle and the clothes they took with them when they left. Right now i am just trying to physically and mentally cope with cleaning up and moving on. I Hope And I PRAY that all my SC brothers and sisters are okay and That GOD has blessed you and yours w/ no water.
I am not asking for Pity. just Prayers . We will survive ,clean up and move on. We are Louisiana Strong.
P.S. We have Donated Funds to The salvation Army who flooded out lost all there box trucks and their ware house and still came out yesterday and offered us a hot meal.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

My wife and I have nice (church / business casual) clothes we would like to donate. We live in Leesville. Anyone know where to bring them around our area so they'll go directly to flood victims?
Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Guys what I'm about to say will probably piss a lot of people off. Money is great but I feel that you can help a lot more by donating time. My family has already spent hundreds of dollars on cleaning supplies, personal hygiene products, and clothes to donate to our church. We have been slow at work so I took yesterday off and contacted 7 fiends that were able to do the same. We made some calls and were able to find someone whose house had flooded and the water was out of the house. We showed early yesterday morning and began taking everything out of the house and were able to strip all of the sheet rock out of the house. We finished up about 2:30pm. As we were leaving the neighborhood we noticed an older couple standing in their driveway and stopped and asked if they needed help. At first they were a little reluctant and said they could not pay. We explained that we did not want any money. Long story short by 7:30 we had everything out of the house and half of the sheet rock off of the walls. We explained that we could not finish today but some of us would be back in the morning. I was not able to make it back this morning because of work but some of the others did and I will be doing the same thing Friday and through the weekend. I would guess that 90% of the people that are on the page live less than 40 miles from areas that were impacted by the floods. Instead go going fishing or to the camp to get ready for hunting season this weekend think about those who are in need. Get some people together and go to an area that was flooded and find someone that needs help.