SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858

Everything on the internet is real, right?
Old 09-03-2016, 07:11 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
So are you a sexual deviant or is he a card carrying member of Mensa?
I've despised Mensa ever since the Playboy spread back in the day.

Duckman1911 is very intelligent, but I admire his patriotism, his commitment to the Constitution, his demeanor, and his 1911 attitude more than his intelligence. I learned more about fishing from him in one day than I learned in my whole life before I was 40.

As far as sex goes, I am committed and faithful to my wife.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I've despised Mensa ever since the Playboy spread back in the day.

Duckman1911 is very intelligent, but I admire his patriotism, his commitment to the Constitution, his demeanor, and his 1911 attitude more than his intelligence. I learned more about fishing from him in one day than I learned in my whole life before I was 40.

As far as sex goes, I am committed and faithful to my wife.

Lmao, I'm sure he is one brilliant super patriot. I found a little poem you can whisper to him while y'all spoon on Holley beach

Old 09-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Lmao, I'm sure he is one brilliant super patriot. I found a little poem you can whisper to him while y'all spoon on Holley beach

Would you like for me to recite it for you?
Old 09-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac23 View Post
My bad on the d-bag comment, had a few cold ones last night and stopped to your level, but please Find something better to do with your time bro!
We don't care what you think. Find a new forum for your ramblings please!

That's it I'm done!!

Thanks and enjoy your day!

You say we but I am not included in it. He is intitled to his opinions as am I and so are you. If you don't like what he has to say just read something else or get off the forum.
This is really nothing to cry about.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

Double posting again but just an after thought. You went back and found a pic from two weeks ago and made a meme. You really need a hobby other than duckman1911. Just something to think about when you have time.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
You say we but I am not included in it. He is intitled to his opinions as am I and so are you. If you don't like what he has to say just read something else or get off the forum.
This is really nothing to cry about.
Yeah its funny how people get butt hurt so fast!! Glad you posted and found it funny too!!

Last edited by Andy C; 09-03-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I definitely don't think if I knew duckman1911 I would hate him but I am pretty sure we wouldn't be fishing buddies either. The only thing I ever really agreeing with him about was the post where he was talking about skipping his daughters wedding to watch his son fight. I agree weddings are stupid and pointless and for women to plan and for men to finance. Other than that I think he is a perfect example of why nothing gets done in this country. His opinions are so entrenched there is no room for modification or compromise. There is really no point arguing with him because he will never concede he is wrong, or even acknowledge the counter point may have a little validity. I am pretty sure he suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder and alcoholism or at least his internet persona does. With that being said, he does a pretty good job of keeping his comments relevant to whatever the discussion is. Although I don't really read all threads he seems to go balls deep into. He's easy to ignore because I don't really care what he thinks. I got wrapped up with him in an argument not long ago and when I stepped back I realized theres no point, he's a nut I got to just cut my losses and move on. No need to ban him. As long as he keeps his rhetoric out of the fishing talk I don't have much of a problem ignoring him. He's entitled to his opinions and as each of us are. Just realize that you aren't going to change his opinion about anything. The thing about free speech is that it is very often unproductive. None of the discussion on this site has any consequence in the real world, no law or rule ever got changed because of a thread on salty cajun. Thank god. Just ignore the dude.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I definitely don't think if I knew duckman1911 I would hate him but I am pretty sure we wouldn't be fishing buddies either. The only thing I ever really agreeing with him about was the post where he was talking about skipping his daughters wedding to watch his son fight. I agree weddings are stupid and pointless and for women to plan and for men to finance. Other than that I think he is a perfect example of why nothing gets done in this country. His opinions are so entrenched there is no room for modification or compromise. There is really no point arguing with him because he will never concede he is wrong, or even acknowledge the counter point may have a little validity. I am pretty sure he suffers from a narcissistic personality disorder and alcoholism or at least his internet persona does. With that being said, he does a pretty good job of keeping his comments relevant to whatever the discussion is. Although I don't really read all threads he seems to go balls deep into. He's easy to ignore because I don't really care what he thinks. I got wrapped up with him in an argument not long ago and when I stepped back I realized theres no point, he's a nut I got to just cut my losses and move on. No need to ban him. As long as he keeps his rhetoric out of the fishing talk I don't have much of a problem ignoring him. He's entitled to his opinions and as each of us are. Just realize that you aren't going to change his opinion about anything. The thing about free speech is that it is very often unproductive. None of the discussion on this site has any consequence in the real world, no law or rule ever got changed because of a thread on salty cajun. Thank god. Just ignore the dude.
Amen Marque, you nailed it
Old 09-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 671

You guys have some serious issues. Really. I must admit though I do get some moderate enjoyment reading these posts in the middle of the night. But only after I've listened to all the dribble the nurses feel like divulging about such interesting topics as their dog barfing on the new carpet or the size of their kid's latest terd. I'm a bit perplexed by the perpetual ferris-wheel or perhaps teeter-totter monotony of continuing insults but staying tuned for the smack down. So please don't refrain from the delerium or I'll surely be subjected to cycle information which is truly just a c---t hair worse than this.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:20 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
The thing about free speech is that it is very often unproductive. None of the discussion on this site has any consequence in the real world, no law or rule ever got changed because of a thread on salty cajun. Thank god. Just ignore the dude.
Good points. We failed to reverse the speck limit, reduce oyster harvest on the W side of BL, or prevent the triple tail limit reduction.

We did succeed in keeping the bowhunting laws on redfish from becoming more restrictive, delaying the new import regulations on deer carcasses, and having even more restrictive rules on redfish and specks being implemented since 2006. We also have managed to keep oystering closed on the E side for a number of years.

Sometimes, it is easier to prevent bad new laws and rules than overturn existing bad laws and rules. We certainly got CCAs attention, and they seem to have paused their push for unjustified more restrictive fishing regulations in Louisiana.

Views like duckman1911's were also key in the new Amendment to the LA Constitution expanding firearm rights in the state and limiting state powers to restrict them.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:27 AM
Tripletail

Views like mine where key in ending the Holocaust and implementing the Civil Rights Act. But that doesn't mean I had anything to do with it
Old 09-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

I think I was the one who really got LDWF to stop and think about the CWD issue. I forwarded that Ted Nugent video to everyone on my aol account and then shared it on my Facebook. They needed to know it was a fake disease
Old 09-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
I think I was the one who really got LDWF to stop and think about the CWD issue. I forwarded that Ted Nugent video to everyone on my aol account and then shared it on my Facebook. They needed to know it was a fake disease

Nobody's doubting your cultural significance. It's a fact that your AOL account launch the Cajun Navy. We're talking about duckman here.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:06 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Nobody's doubting your cultural significance. It's a fact that your AOL account launch the Cajun Navy. We're talking about duckman here.
I just wish I could have been more successful in getting obamacare repealed. Still forwarding emails every day and on my Facebook aLao
Old 09-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Lmao.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:53 AM
King Mackeral

The internet is where grassroots movements happen in the 21st century.

Most of my libertarian leanings are due to internet discussions.

My support for RKBA was born from internet discussions.

It is sad to admit, but after 6 years in the NE attending graduate school, my views on guns had been skewed by overexposure to liberal thinking.

Articulate folks like duckman1911 straightened me out quickly with reasoned Constitutional arguments and accurate and verifiable historical backgrounds.

The two party system thrives on mainstream media dominating the discussion. If it gets overthrown in the 21st century, grassroots internet efforts are likely to play an important role. Without internet discussion boards, I probably would not even know who Gary Johnson is, much less be giving serious consideration to voting for him.

And while I don't think I would reach firm conclusions about wildlife management issues from discussion boards alone, they play an important role to bringing about awareness of the issues in the first place and finding reliable sourced information on all sides of the issues.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:02 PM
Tripletail

Default Go Sell Crazy Somewhere Else, We'er All Stocked Up Here

Grassroots moments are all fine and dandy. They give people on the fringe a voice for about 2 seconds until the rest of society catches on and realizes the people in it are all nut bars. Tea Party, Bernie Sanders, Occupy Wallsteet, Birthers, Truther's, they all had their 15 min until people got the full gist of what they were selling. People have been screaming about the second amendment ever since I can remember. I remember 8 years ago all the gun nuts were going batty buying up all the 5.56 ammo. And what, nothing happened. Every time there is a school shooting you can't find ammo because the NRA has every redneck in American convince Obama's coming for their guns. Nothing happens except the gun and ammo manufacturers profits keep going up. The government will never take away the second amendment, at least not in our lifetime. Nothing you can tell me will make me think otherwise. Why, because you been telling me this crap since I was 5. Grassroots campaigns get started because crazy people, who are generally marginalized and isolated, get together with other similary crazy people. Before you know it there are like 10,000 crazy people that we never heard of raising hell at some rally in Arizona. They are all pissed and barking at the moon and the media is like, "wow, look at all these wackjobs screaming, this will get the ratings" so they get a little coverage. Once they dig a little its obvious none of these people are wrapped too tightly. I much prefer to ignore all of it and go fishing.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Grassroots moments are all fine and dandy. They give people on the fringe a voice for about 2 seconds until the rest of society catches on and realizes the people in it are all nut bars. Tea Party, Bernie Sanders, Occupy Wallsteet, Birthers, Truther's, they all had their 15 min until people got the full gist of what they were selling. People have been screaming about the second amendment ever since I can remember. I remember 8 years ago all the gun nuts were going batty buying up all the 5.56 ammo. And what, nothing happened. Every time there is a school shooting you can't find ammo because the NRA has every redneck in American convince Obama's coming for their guns. Nothing happens except the gun and ammo manufacturers profits keep going up. The government will never take away the second amendment, at least not in our lifetime. Nothing you can tell me will make me think otherwise. Why, because you been telling me this crap since I was 5. Grassroots campaigns get started because crazy people, who are generally marginalized and isolated, get together with other similary crazy people. Before you know it there are like 10,000 crazy people that we never heard of raising hell at some rally in Arizona. They are all pissed and barking at the moon and the media is like, "wow, look at all these wackjobs screaming, this will get the ratings" so they get a little coverage. Once they dig a little its obvious none of these people are wrapped too tightly. I much prefer to ignore all of it and go fishing.
Your "it will never happen" mindset is exactly the thinking that will allow it to happen. Liberals love people that think that. They don't have to get rid of the 2cnd amendment. All they have to do is regulate and tax the firearms and ammo combanies out of business. If you don't think that is in the realm of possibilities you are very naive.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Tripletail

Default permanent ban

I'm gonna take my own advice and ignore this thread.