SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Back in my younger days we were going fishing with a friend and our girlfriends. I had a small flat with a 25 at the time. Me and my girlfriend had been together for a while and she was was aggravating the crap out of me that day. She was running her mouth as we were getting into the boat. I walked to the back grabbed the pull rope and yanked. Girlfriend had walked up behind me and wham-o my elbow caught her right in the forehead, put her on her butt in the bottom of the boat. Looking back I guess "Aint karma a beotch" wasn't the best response. We fished the day with smiles but that was the beginning of the end for us...Thank God...

And yes, this was at the launch...
Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishin i was fishin View Post
Back in my younger days we were going fishing with a friend and our girlfriends. I had a small flat with a 25 at the time. Me and my girlfriend had been together for a while and she was was aggravating the crap out of me that day. She was running her mouth as we were getting into the boat. I walked to the back grabbed the pull rope and yanked. Girlfriend had walked up behind me and wham-o my elbow caught her right in the forehead, put her on her butt in the bottom of the boat. Looking back I guess "Aint karma a beotch" wasn't the best response. We fished the day with smiles but that was the beginning of the end for us...Thank God...

And yes, this was at the launch...
Readers expect fishing and boating disasters in this thread, but I wasn't expecting a relationship disaster. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Launched boat at Hebert's with family in it to catch some crabs but only put one plug in the boat. Park come back to see water in boat, ask wifey if she put the plug in and she told me she saw a spider. Of course I went ballistic, they would rather sink than fight a spider and put the damn plug in the boat. Half way to Grand before bilge finally pumped the water out.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Flounder

Cash: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
I seen a guy knock his two front teeth out with a cresent wrench. He got paid for them to get them fixed by the company but he still never went, this was 6 or 7 years ago. He said he could buy 150 cases of beer with the money he got and his are probably going to rot out anyway..... must be a Houma thing.

Haha, I just lost my $hit reading this!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

I was running late for a duck hunt one morning and on the way to the ramp I noticed it seemed like the truck behind me was flashing his lights but was not sure. Pulled up to the ramp and the truck pulled up and asked if I knew I had an extension cord and battery charger dragging behind the boat.

I used to have a ford ranger it was a standard and e brake worked but would pop out every once in a while. Well I was loading a boat with a tiller one day and the ebrake failed. Every time I would let go of the throttle the truck would roll back. I tightened the fricksion but it would not hold the truck up because the motor would turn whenmi would let the handel go All I could do was wait for someone to come to the ramp. About 30 minutes later an old man showed up and pulled the truck up for me. I could hear him laughing as I drove off
Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
I was running late for a duck hunt one morning and on the way to the ramp I noticed it seemed like the truck behind me was flashing his lights but was not sure. Pulled up to the ramp and the truck pulled up and asked if I knew I had an extension cord and battery charger dragging behind the boat.

I used to have a ford ranger it was a standard and e brake worked but would pop out every once in a while. Well I was loading a boat with a tiller one day and the ebrake failed. Every time I would let go of the throttle the truck would roll back. I tightened the fricksion but it would not hold the truck up because the motor would turn whenmi would let the handel go All I could do was wait for someone to come to the ramp. About 30 minutes later an old man showed up and pulled the truck up for me. I could hear him laughing as I drove off
LMBO.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

That is classic....good thing you wern't on fumes!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

buddy of mine lives 5 mins from the ramp, he started the motor on the hose before heading to get gas and go fishing. yep thats right he dident unhook the hose and drug the hose and hose reel not only to the gas station but also to the ramp.

he had to buy 2 or 3 mailboxs, and we will never let him forget it