SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 582
Default LDWF: Vehicles now permanently prohibited on Elmer’s Island beaches

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=9903
Old 08-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

if you can't acess it, the state should sell it and lower the taxes on chewing tobacco.

i thought the whole idea about buying it was so jo-blow could drive to the beach and surf fish without having to go by boat?
Old 08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Nope its all about revenue. Never about Jo-blow. Everyplace that I have ever seen the gov buy up property it has limited the access to the public. If I were in charge there would be a 1 dollar fee per person to get on the island and if you get caught acting a fool 500 to 150,000 dollar fine depending on the issue and mandatory community service only to be served between June st and September 15th (hottest months)
1 guard collecting and 1 guard patrolling do it from April 1st to Sep 15th (busiest time in that area. One guard the rest of the year. It would take care of itself if not make a profit.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Get your State reps and senators involved......
Old 08-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Get your State reps and senators involved......
Do you really thank that helps?? They don't have time for"weekend people" they providing to only those's that give big money so they can get relected ! They don't care about the common man/family!! Just where's the money coming from!!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,063

terrible
Old 08-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

That area is one of the hottest Lawsuit areas in the US. Liability probably is a factor. Golden Meadows might like being put in charge of Elmers Island however. They know how to benefit from monitoring public property's, highways etc.etc.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
That area is one of the hottest Lawsuit areas in the US. Liability probably is a factor. Golden Meadows might like being put in charge of Elmers Island however. They know how to benefit from monitoring public property's, highways etc.etc.
Times two!! And they do a good job at it!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:00 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I would prefer to drive out, but access is not really closed as long as you can park in the lot and walk out.

One can also arrive there by boat or kayak, just as you can to many Louisiana barrier islands.
Old 08-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Do you really thank that helps?? They don't have time for"weekend people" they providing to only those's that give big money so they can get relected ! They don't care about the common man/family!! Just where's the money coming from!!
Yes I do Believe it helps. It's Ur hunting and fishing tax money that was used to purchase Elmer's.

Call WL&F. Complain.. Go to a monthly commission meeting.. If u are a user group..... Stop whining about it and Get involved...
Old 08-12-2016, 11:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Remember years ago. Just hoop out on the beach and drive either way. Things were kind of in Limbo then. Now, or at least a yr ago, the beach has a wash out just west of Fourchon. Used to be able to drive to the jetties, and a kayak, or anything that would float, could kick aaaa on Reds, flounder and trout !!!
Old 08-12-2016, 11:34 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Yes I do Believe it helps. It's Ur hunting and fishing tax money that was used to purchase Elmer's.

Call WL&F. Complain.. Go to a monthly commission meeting.. If u are a user group..... Stop whining about it and Get involved...
I was never whining about it!!
But if you thank you got the power why don't you make the phone call. It is dumb to thank they are there to serve anyone other then there selfs!! And line there pockets. They could get a call from everyone in la. And they still wouldn't change a thing.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

I've tried calling both state and federal politicians for a few things over the years and find it to be about as productive as fishing in a sewage ditch. Hell my neighbor is a state senator and he would be the last person in the world I would talk to if I wanted something done. Nobody in there right mind gets into politics to help people, and if they do they don't stay long enough to have any pull. People get elected by being petty, fear mongering, and hateful not because they are great. Great people don't get elected because they aren't petty. If you haven't given a politician a campaign contribution large enough for him to remember it don't waste your time asking him to make any effort on your behalf.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I've tried calling both state and federal politicians for a few things over the years and find it to be about as productive as fishing in a sewage ditch. Hell my neighbor is a state senator and he would be the last person in the world I would talk to if I wanted something done. Nobody in there right mind gets into politics to help people, and if they do they don't stay long enough to have any pull. People get elected by being petty, fear mongering, and hateful not because they are great. Great people don't get elected because they aren't petty. If you haven't given a politician a campaign contribution large enough for him to remember it don't waste your time asking him to make any effort on your behalf.
So sad but so true!!
Old 08-15-2016, 07:17 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
I would prefer to drive out, but access is not really closed as long as you can park in the lot and walk out.

One can also arrive there by boat or kayak, just as you can to many Louisiana barrier islands.
I went a couple weekends ago and you couldnt drive on the beach then, still, lots of people fishing on the beach. As I understand it its a temporary closure? You can still fish all of the ponds and lagoons leading up to the beach correct?

ETA; So after reading again i see the beach will be closed to vehicular traffic. This is good suffers for the bad deal. I can see where they wouldn't want some idiots on the beach doing donuts and tearing **** up.