SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Right on Duckman!!! We had over 2,000 come through our donation center (food, clothing cleaning items, etc.) that we set up in our local church last week. We are now hosting the Southern Baptist disaster response team and they are preparing and distributing 10,000 meals per day (and that's not a typo), 10,000. They are distributing them in 4 southwest parishes and its all free of charge to folks affected by the flood. Like Duckman said, keep it local where 100% of your donations go to the flood victims and nothing goes to payroll.
I have a friend that has gone down south with his church group three times bringing stuff. That's a 2-2 1/2 hour one way drive for those guys. They have never asked for a dime. Only that people donate anything they can for them to bring south.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
For yall that live in the areas affected by this flood, or around it for that matter. I know there's a lot of scams out there in times like this. Got a couple leads on a food bank and an org. That has boots on the ground. I fell like the"major help groups" get money from everywhere in the US. Is why I want to give local to a group or two 3. If anyone knows said group/organization. Let me know with contact information if you have it.
Want our money to get to the people that need it. Thanks.
There's a fella in the Gonzales area repairing aluminum boats that were damaged in the rescue efforts. He might be worth a donation to. Just a thought, its yall money.

A fella I follow on YouTube did a video. He went to a FEMA relief station. They asked him how many people he needed to feed. He told them 4 adults and 3 children. They gave him 2 MREs and a 4 bottles of water. He went a block down the road to LOCAL CHURCH organization, they game him all the hot meals he wanted and a case of water. That goes to show you who helps the most.