SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:52 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 610

gotta good one, went check brud inlaws crab traps few years ago in grand isle marsh in the winter, caught a few, wind was furious bout 25 mph and freezin cold, had face mask on. put the boat on the trailer quickly and ran to the truck to warm up. Drove completely from on end of grand isle to the other 7 miles to the camp- Everybody wavin at us- we waved back and smiling bout our crabs. Got to the camp-got out engine still runnin. -burnt water pump!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Redfish

Cash: 896

Ready to retrieve boat after fishing by myself. Large busy ramp, three lanes with room to launch 3 boats per lane if folks are orderly. I had squeezed the trailer between two others then walked back to where my boat was tied up. As I motored around to line up, I wasn't seeing my trailer, but heard people yelling. Reason I couldn't see was a guy with a brand new Hewes flats boat was pulling up onto my trailer. People yelling were his party from another lane. I give him credit for being persistent, he kept trying to motor up even after he had broken both my guide/light poles. At least he didn't bend the frame or hit the back of the truck. I was too torqued to do anything but laugh. I'm not sure he liked being called Skipper in front of everyone.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Flounder

Cash: 730

Made a bass trip a few years back in a little 14' with a yamaha 8, and cranked on the little motor out in the channel for 15 minutes with a line of trucks/boats launching around me, when finally I maxed out the throttle in forward, stood up and yanked the shiot outta the rope.... It fired up and took off wide open and flipped me out of the boat backwards in front of at least 10 people in 50 degree weather. Felt like a jacka$$
Old 03-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

This past winter I went fishing with some friends from sun up to sun down. I was worn out. Get to Calc Point and one guy jumps off to go get truck. I decided to jump off 2 at last minute as he was backing away from pier on a very low tide. Stepped up and there is nothing to grab onto and went to step back and boat was gone. Fell right in with about 10 boats right there with a brand new iphone 5 in my pocket. I really think no one even noticed though. One of most embarassing moments of my life.

A few months ago I was launching at West Cove. Old man and his wife loading boat by themselves. Wife looked like she was struggling. Being the nice guy I am, I offered help. Old man kind of being a d i c k, told me no thanks. Backing my boat in I look back, motor is almost touching the concrete and boat almost standing straight up on trailer. He had it about half way on the trailer. I ran over there and gave him a hand.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Redfish

Cash: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco74 View Post
Made a bass trip a few years back in a little 14' with a yamaha 8, and cranked on the little motor out in the channel for 15 minutes with a line of trucks/boats launching around me, when finally I maxed out the throttle in forward, stood up and yanked the shiot outta the rope.... It fired up and took off wide open and flipped me out of the boat backwards in front of at least 10 people in 50 degree weather. Felt like a jacka$$
Ha Ha Ha!! I'm picturing that in my mind and I think you may have just moved to first place on this thread..
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Launched at Calcasieu Point. 40 deg. air temp. 45 deg. water temp. 25 mph winds, muddy water.
Launched, parked the truck while Jordan and Landry putt putted the boat to the dock.
Hauled butt to Turners and noticed the bilge pump kicked on twice. Both times pumping a full stream.
I hollered F***. I forgot the plug.
Jordan looked at me and said, "I noticed it pumped a few times while sitting at the dock waiting for you to park the truck"...

good day, caught a pelican also on a ba-donk-a-donk. Ray tried to put plug in int he 39* water. He said fug it and we went back to launch, put boat on trailer, put plug in, went back fishing. Scratched that day i think
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomRod View Post
Ready to retrieve boat after fishing by myself. Large busy ramp, three lanes with room to launch 3 boats per lane if folks are orderly. I had squeezed the trailer between two others then walked back to where my boat was tied up. As I motored around to line up, I wasn't seeing my trailer, but heard people yelling. Reason I couldn't see was a guy with a brand new Hewes flats boat was pulling up onto my trailer. People yelling were his party from another lane. I give him credit for being persistent, he kept trying to motor up even after he had broken both my guide/light poles. At least he didn't bend the frame or hit the back of the truck. I was too torqued to do anything but laugh. I'm not sure he liked being called Skipper in front of everyone.
LOL a buddy did that with my trailer too. we just watched him try about 5 times before we let him in on the secret. he would back up and try it again. finally we had to tell him or we woulda been there all night
Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco74 View Post

We have a new winner!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 612

Went to black lake with a guy from work in my brothers boat. We meet another guy at the ramp. We backed in and i went to start the motor. First pull nothing next pull rope came about half way and then locked. Hand pulled off the rope and punched me right in the jaw. Well i knocked myself out. They splashed a little water on my face and i came to. My jaw hurt for 3 days. We still went fishing but they never let me live it down.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Ling

Lol. That's hilarious. Laid yourself out
Old 03-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by saodma View Post
Went to black lake with a guy from work in my brothers boat. We meet another guy at the ramp. We backed in and i went to start the motor. First pull nothing next pull rope came about half way and then locked. Hand pulled off the rope and punched me right in the jaw. Well i knocked myself out. They splashed a little water on my face and i came to. My jaw hurt for 3 days. We still went fishing but they never let me live it down.
Off topic a little, but I've knocked myself out too an it's a really weird feeling z

Welding in the ceiling of a newspaper plant, I finished welding all my joints and it was time to move down a little so I reached over and yanked the ground lead. Clamp smacked me in the temple and I woke up in the bottom of a scissor lift all alone about 25' up in the air. The old temple was lumped up and slit with blood seeping out - it took a while to live that one down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I seen a guy knock his two front teeth out with a cresent wrench. He got paid for them to get them fixed by the company but he still never went, this was 6 or 7 years ago. He said he could buy 150 cases of beer with the money he got and his are probably going to rot out anyway..... must be a Houma thing.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:04 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

happened to a buddy of mine..........

years ago when Bullet bass boats finished a boat, they sprayed to trailer bunks down with silicone spray and would just push the boat on to the trailer for the boat dolly.

we rigged the boat, headed over the Hill Top marina and unhooked the line, just like you do on bass masters, ready to splash and dash........

Well, the landing is steep there, the boat slid off the trailer on to the concrete lickity split.........

Brand new, never wet Bullet bass boat sitting on the concrete!
Good thing though, it slipped right back on the trailer with a few guys help.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Im also watched a guy launching in laccassine back of the end of the ramp,and then rip his axle off by gunning it to pull it back up.
It probably wasn't the same guy cause I'm sure it happens a lot but I watched the same thing at Lacassine about 7 or eight years ago I guess
Old 03-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,502

I watched a guy load a jet ski onto a trailer hooked to a car and when he hit the trailer it came off the ball and the tongue of the trailer went trough the trunk of the car

Also, the second time I ever launched my boat I was at Toledo bend and I was sitting in the boat and my buddy was backing it in .. The boat slid off the trailer (landed in the water thank god) the back end went under water and then came back up took about 20 minutes for the bilge pump to pump it all out
Old 03-07-2013, 09:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Put the boat on the trailer at Calc Pt with a few fish in the box. I reached over the side to lift the ice chest out, and I guess there was a lot of ice cause it was heavy. I pulled pretty hard and the handle came off the ice chest and I punched myself in the nose and then my nose was bleeding all over the parking lot.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Hairout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Put the boat on the trailer at Calc Pt with a few fish in the box. I reached over the side to lift the ice chest out, and I guess there was a lot of ice cause it was heavy. I pulled pretty hard and the handle came off the ice chest and I punched myself in the nose and then my nose was bleeding all over the parking lot.
That type of incident will make even the calmest guy madder than heck!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
LMBO.

Sent from my stupid iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

I don't have any funny launching experiences, but this one time I was fishing at half moon with my dad and about 4 other boats under the bridge. Well I'm sitting on the icechest on the deck of the boat, when some bass started to hit in front me, so I reached behind me to grab my bass rod at the same moment the icechest that I didn't realize had wheels flipped me backwards like a dump truck into the 50 degree water. I never did get out of the water so fast! I took off my goretex pants and jacket and believe it or not, only the lower part of my jeans and the sleeves on my shirt were wet, and while I was putting on my dads coveralls to remain warm one of the other fishermen reminded me that "it was $5 to launch but another $5 to swim".... So we laughed about that and about an hour later i realized that my bass rod isn't in the boat, so i drug a rattletrap and caught it on my first throw
Old 03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

This wasn't at a launch, but it was the first and only time me an my wife fished from a kayak..... We were trying them out on a guided trip because we were thinking about getting a kayak to make quick trips. I was fishing out of a Ride 135 and the guide was telling everybody how stable they are. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, one of my rods fell over. When I grabbed it to lay it in the front of the yak the handle of the reel caught hold of my brand new deuce rod and pulled it from the rod holder. I heard a splash and looked in time to see my rod sinking. I reached for it and could feel it on my finger tips so I stretched to get it...... Bad move. I flipped the whole damn kayak in front of the 10-12 people on the trip! I freaked out and started looking for the rod while my kayak was drifting away! Luckily the guide had enough sense to catch it and drop the anchor. Me, the guide, my wife, and the asst. guide swam in Choupique Bayou for almost 20 minutes until he finally found my rod. Talk about a hit to the old ego! Needless to say I gave up my dreams of becoming a kayak fisher, although I still think about trying it again sometimes!