SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852
Default Scam alert! - avoid walmart.com

walmart now has many outside vendors mixed in and posing as a walmart items being listed amongst everything else until after you buy it. then you get an email from a third party company thanking you for your purchase with them (not walmart) and letting you know it cant be canceled before its shipped or returned unless you pay shipping to return it plus a 25% restock fee and that's when you find out its not sold by walmart so you cannot return it to walmart.

its there in the fine print if you look but if you just expect an item listed on walmarts website to be sold by walmart that's not the case anymore so heads up and read the fine print.

these outside retailers are set up with no cancelation policy even within minutes of making an order and 25% restock fees and refuse to not ship items once they are ordered so they force you to pay high return shipping costs knowing that makes it pointless to try to return anything.

on top of that, if there is any issue with something they tell you its between you and the manufacturer so that pretty much destroys any sort of useful warranty protection because you have to ship it to the manufacturer on your dime and wait 6-8 weeks or more to "maybe" get a response saying if it will be repaired or replaced.

just sayin, treat walmart like ebay from now on and assume you have no warranty or protection for anything you buy unless its clearly stated otherwise that it is sold by and can be returned to walmart.

im a big boy and I know its my fault and my mistake I didn't read the fine print so I got trapped but maybe I can help someone else not get trapped the same way. I just have to pray the window unit works and doesn't arrive damaged, because I have no choice but to keep it or throw it away no matter what it turns out to be.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:12 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

If you purchased with a credit card, they have protections to help you.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

They've been doing that for years now. No different than Amazon.com. It says right on the products page who the retailer is. Not a big deal.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:25 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
If you purchased with a credit card, they have protections to help you.
it was discover card but when I called, they said "if you made the purchase then the charge was made to the card legitimately so there is nothing we can do about it". I guess maybe I should switch to another card because discover seamed to not want to offer any help or even the option to dispute the charge.

the guy said they could only undo a charge if it was not me who made the purchase and if I wanted to lie I could try to claim that, but im not like that so I declined to open a credit card number fraud investigation.

hopefully the good lord will watch over me to see I get one that works and is undamaged to protect me from this mistake.

one thing is for sure, im never buying from walmart.com again because they are willing partners to this.

its even worse because I could have bought it for $225 with no tax and free shipping on amazon, but instead I bought it on walmart.com for $284 after tax and shipping just for the security of being able to return it if something was wrong. I felt the insurance of being able to easily return it locally at my store was worth that extra money. obviously that third party vendor scammed me for that extra $60
Old 06-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
They've been doing that for years now. No different than Amazon.com. It says right on the products page who the retailer is. Not a big deal.
well its new to me, this is the first time I was ever aware of this practice going on, I guess you cant trust anyone anymore
Old 06-18-2015, 05:58 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I just have to pray the window unit works and doesn't arrive damaged

People buy Phone cases, chargers, bedding, tools, stuff you can't find locally online...... not a window unit. Whatever cost you saved probably got ate up in shipping.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to copy this and send it bio everyone on my email list. Got some big rattlesnake pics I need to send to everyone anyways. Giant ones a couple guys are holding up with sticks gotta be 10 ft long
Old 06-18-2015, 07:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

heres one for you, bought a life proof case a few yrs back for my wifes phone through amazon, it had issues contacted amazon, they said we had to go through life proof, contacted life proof, they said since we bought it off amazon and not their web site they wouldn't warranty it, even though the serial number were a match to their inventory LIFE PROOF SUX AZZ
Old 06-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

I have returned defective items that I bought on Amazon with no problem, one laptop and 2 tablets. These returns were no questions asked and immediate, they were noted as soon as I received them though.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
People buy Phone cases, chargers, bedding, tools, stuff you can't find locally online...... not a window unit. Whatever cost you saved probably got ate up in shipping.
shipping was only $14 on it so it wasn't much added cost
the laplace walmart has so little as far as selection or stock on hand and the store only had Chinese Artic King (or something like that) window units on the floor otherwise I wouldn't have bought it online. in the past I have bought TVs and humidifiers, and electronics, because many things need to be bought online because our store has nothing in stock on the shelves. as Goooh mentioned Amazon has easy no hassle returns so short of large heavy appliances I have no quams about buying things online "if I have to" but I do try to avoid buying things online if I can find another source.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I have ordered several things through walmart.com but from an outside vendor and have never had an issue. I hope you don't have one either. Actually ordered a scope once from an outside vendor and got the thing the next day. They must have had the new guy drive it to me.lol
Hope it works out for you man.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Red Snapper

thanks

yep, no reason to think it will turn out bad but its scary to know if it does have any issue then im screwed and I don't have the walmart easy return policy to back me up, that's one of the reasons I "used to" prefer to buy through walmart.com over other online vendors
Old 06-19-2015, 02:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Know what you mean man. We do most of our shopping online. My wife and JC Pennys.lol. But if it's not right in any way we can just return it to our local store. Makes life much easier.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Red Snapper

ok the a/c arrived today and the box looked rough, but still ok, but when I opened it up I saw the back top corner by the coil was smashed in like it fell off the truck or something and it doesn't blow cold air so it is broken.

I called them to tell them about it and they said they would file a damaged item claim with ups and start the process to give me either a replacement unit or if I wished I could get a full refund. naturally I told em to give me the refund but I will have to wait out the two or three week long claim process.

over all, even though changing your mind on an order with these people is a costly ordeal and orders cant be canceled, it would appear they are very good about taking care of damaged items.

we went to home depot and bought an a/c off the floor (like we should have done in the first place) and I just finished installing it 5 minutes ago.